Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Good Night, Sleep Tight . . . Don't Let the Titanus Giganteous Bite!

So, the other night Lisa and I were putting Vanessa to bed. As Lisa was trying to put Vanessa in her crib, Vanessa kept squirming and trying to back-pedal out of the crib. All the sudden Lisa screamed, "Oh my gosh! There's a huge cockroach in the crib". It turns out it was a Titanus Gigatneous beetle (pretty impressive name). It was about three inches long, with antennae about that long too. I put it in a cup and took it outside. When I went to put it in the grass, it hissed at me. So I showed him who was boss and launched him into the middle of the street. No mercy.

2 comments:

Lisa (Espanish for "Lisa") said...

I'm glad that when I saw it, I was not up that close! Yuck!

Michelle said...

oh my gosh...words cannot express my intense hatred for bugs...especially ones that hiss! that is just WRONG. aren't you so glad you saw it before it was actually ON vanessa??? way to go, matt, for being brave enough to get it out of the house...