While we feel that our little girl is very sweet and cute, she also is a little bit of a goofball and quite mischievous. Here are a few photos that exhibit her colorful personality:

She has discovered that she can look at things upside down. Since she is so short, she can't see through her legs very well and has to look around them. Note the pieces of corn stuck to her feet. How did those get there?

Here is her new (bath) 'do. She thought it was pretty cool.

Speaking of cool...Matt and I picked these sunglasses at the dollar store to keep Vanessa entertained on the drive back from California. She stills plays with them, putting them on herself or others (with supervision, of course, since she has a tendency to put them in your eyes instead of over them). Let's hope she doesn't need glasses later (Although we know a great optometrist if she does).

Already trying to be a grown-up! While Matt was feeding Vanessa ice cream (doctor's orders, I swear), she decided she needed to feed him, though from the looks of things, I'd says she's getting the bigger bites.

So, Vanessa loves pears. I mean, loves them (almost as much as ice cream). She stood up on the table while we were trying to feed her (not a regular feeding spot), walked over, and helped herself to a pear. After she took a few bites (which aren't very big when you only have two teeth), I took it away so I could chop it up for her. So she started going for the other pear. That was when we took her off the table.


When I'm getting Vanessa ready for her bath, I let her throw the bath toys from the bucket to the tub while the water fills up. She usually is so excited about the water that she pays little attention to anything else. Yet, aside from food, Vanessa's big obsession is the toilet, which includes the paper. I have been successful the past couple of weeks in keeping her from unrolling all the toilet paper, and I guess I let down my guard. In the few moments while I was getting her nightgown and diaper, she managed to unload a whole new roll onto the floor. When I went in and caught her doing it, she jumped. She knew she was doing something she shouldn't (1st picture). Then in classic Vanessa fashion, she "defied" me by trying to eat the toilet paper still in her hand (2nd picture). I'm not quite sure but I think she was trying to get rid of the evidence.

Well, when all is said and done, this mischievous goofball is my sweet little baby, and every time I look at that precious face, I know I wouldn't trade her for the world (or all the toilet paper in it).
2 comments:
She is such a babe. Can't wait to see you guys NEXT WEEK! By the way...I'm calling you this weekend to remind you & Megan about having a bonfire up at the ranch on the 19th. DON'T MAKE ANY PLANS!
The pics from the bathroom look like Megan as a baby, sooo cute! Can't wait to see you guys!
Post a Comment