Thursday, November 09, 2006

Garbage disposal

That's how I feel as I sit down to eat chicken and dumpling soup for the third day in a row. Men with pregnant wives can sympathize with me. Everything that gets cooked and then looks unappetizing to Lisa or Vanessa (which pretty much encompasses every item in the fridge over 2 hours old) either goes to me or the trash can. I can't stand wasting food, so of course, I end up eating it. I keep getting fatter while my girls keep getting skinnier. Hopefully the bun in the oven will be like Mikey the Life cereal kid so he can help me with all these left-overs when he comes out.

3 comments:

Mollie said...

Hilarious, and yes, Karlin can definately relate. for every pound she gains, you will gain two.(in the beginning) then towards the end its reversed.

Michelle said...

wait...does this mean you know it's a "he"?

Lisa (Espanish for "Lisa") said...

We don't really "know" anything yet, we just have hopeful speculation that it's a boy. We porbably won't know until January.

The funny thing with the food is that I do great with eating it at night and I feel better, so I get really into cooking big meals. Then the next day, it just doesn't sound very appealing. It'd frustrating for both of us.

I was curious if anyone has any tips for getting Vanessa to eat better. She just nibbles, and she's been really gassy (and a tiny bit "diarrhetic"). Any ideas?