Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Our Little Angel

Vanessa has been very concerned about Nicole ever since she started using her oxygen. Her nightly prayers for the past month have gone something like this:


Dear Heavenly Father, we're so grateful that Nicole is breathing well...


Although their relationship started off a little rocky, with Vanessa frequently pegging Nicole in the head with whatever she could find, they have both developed a very special bond.


I hope Lisa won't mind me sharing this, but the other day she was reading Elder Holland's talk about the ministering of angels and felt prompted to pray to become more aware of the angels in our lives, and more especially, those who have come to Nicole's aid. As she was contemplating this, Vanessa came down the stairs and Lisa felt very strongly that Vanessa was one of those special angels sent to comfort the little sister she so dearly loves.


A few days later, after putting the girls to bed (both in separate beds), this is what we saw on our monitor.


Since then, it has been a common occurance to see Vanessa crawling into Nicole's bed and falling asleep by her side.

14 comments:

The Jones :) said...

That is adorable...and what better person to be an "angel" for Nicole then her big sister. How cute that they've got such a special bond...you guys have 2 amazing little girls...must have something to do with the amazing parents!! We really need to get together sometime soon...now that things will be crazy with all the holidays!! We miss you though!!
-Becki :)

Papa said...

Matt, thank you for sharing a very special moment and aspect of your family's lives. The girls are so precious - both are special spirits, and we feel it whenever we are around them.

Patti said...

I agree. What an angel! :)

Unknown said...

That is so sweet! Thanks for sharing.

Mom B. said...

This brought tears to my eyes. Sisters can have such a special bond, and it sure looks like yours do!

Just hold your breath when they are both teenagers, because it sure can get wild!

Mollie said...

TEARS!!! Families are such a sweet gift! Thank you for sharing some of the joy you all are experiencing with the rest of us! You have uplifted me by sharing this wonderful story, thanks!

Megan said...

what sweet, tender little girls you have! Man, I read this and cried, came back later to leave a comment and now I'm crying again! I'm so glad your girls have such a sweet close bond!

Jana said...

Aw, that was so sweet. You two are such an inspiration to me. Your girls are such little angels!

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

What a touching story. Vanessa is doing such a great job helping take care of Nicole. That is so cute that they sleep side by side. What an awesome monitor too. I want one of those!

Becky J. said...

How sweet that she's so protective of Nicole and so concerned for her. Two girls in a row really are the best!

Rebecca Luke said...

Your girls are so special. Thank you for sharing this story. I started crying, it was very touching. I hope someday, when Aubin gets siblings, that he is close to them as your children are.
PS- we all need to get together!

Joel said...

Wow Lisa! What a great thing to pray for! They say there are few things that can compare to a mother's prayer. I think they are both angels.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa , its Rachel!
What sweet little angels you have in your life! Tender mercies at every turn. =)
Your mom sent me the link to your blog! Hope your doing well. Next time your in town drop me a line! I'm at my folks house still, for now....

Jeanette said...

Precious! There just aren't enough words to express how I really feel.