Monday, September 07, 2009

Sunrise

This morning we got up super early and drove out east to a place called Ransom Canyon to watch the sunrise. Surprisingly, both girls sprung out of bed at 6:30 when I told them what we were going to do. As soon as we found a good place to watch the sunrise, we saw two glowing eyes walking towards us. Those two eyes turned into ten.

The girls were thrilled to see that five horses had decided to join us on our morning outing. The horses were so eager to get close to us and see what food we had that they pretty much busted through their fence.

Here are some of our favorite shots of the sunrise.

After that, we drove into Ransom Canyon, which is basically a lake surrounded by a bunch of nice houses. It was a really pretty area, and we found some interesting homes.

We couldn't quite figure this house out. It is vacant, so now I'm wishing we had gotten out of the car to get a closer look.

7 comments:

Papa said...

Love the sunrise shots, and know that the girls enjoyed your visitors. Guess there are some interesting things in Texas besides the Texans.

The Jones :) said...

Those are beautiful pictures!! How cute to have the horses too!! Guess you'll have to go back there again to get a better look at that house huh!?!?! Hope it was a better trip then Joe's Valley :) :) :)

Jocelyn said...

What a fun family activity! Lisa, you are looking so good, and your girls are adorable!

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Horses and a sunrise. That's pretty much my dream morning too. The pictures turned out great!

Mom B. said...

How fun, where did get the idea to go for sunrise? It almost looks like a sunset! I love the girls in their pj's feeding and petting horses, so cute! Looks like a pretty place!

Mama said...

Thanks for sharing the beautiful sunrise photos. I'm sure the horses enjoyed the girls attention.

Patti said...

I love that you all go out and explore! Great pictures. I love the one of Vanessa watching the surise.