Friday, May 28, 2010

Ultrasound # 2

As you all know, we are having another girl. We have also decided to name her Natalie Corinne Brown. In addition to finding out we were having a girl in the first ultrasound, we also found out that she too has dwarfism and looked like she might have club feet as well. Since we have already been through the drill with Nicole, we felt pretty good about things. It also helped knowing that all the specialists she would need are here in town.

As a result of the dwarfism, we will likely have monthly ultrasounds again to monitor the growth of her limb bones. Today, we had the second ultrasound and from what we could see, she definitely has some shortening in her limbs, but does not appear to have club feet. We also got a few really clear 3-D shots. It was crazy to see how much her little nose looks like Vanessa's. With that similarity, I guess it wasn't too surprising to see her trying to stick her little thumb in her mouth throughout the entire ultrasound. Here are the pictures.



11 comments:

Papa said...

So glad to see Natalie - these ultrasounds are so much better than the noise interference of the old type where you say "I think that is the head. . ." Thank you for sharing the "photos" of this little sweetheart.

Mom B. said...

Amazing pictures, and yes I can see Vanessa's nose! She looks adorable and I can't wait to meet her!

tia said...

How adorable! I'm so glad to hear that she doesn't have club feet. Also, I love the name. :)

Kristie said...

One more adorable girl! Poor Matt, so out numbered.
Congratulations!

Olivia Carter said...

Oh congrats! A girl! And I'm so glad to hear she doesn't have club feet. I remember when Nicole had to go through that the same time Rob had his brace thing on his legs too. She looks SO much like your girls!

The Jones :) said...

Those are great pictures...andyupu guys are pros with all this stuff!!! Glad to hear she doesn't have club feet!! She's adorable, and it's a cute name you chose!! Congrats guys!!!

Brett said...

Wow! Those are great pictures. You can really see the similarity to Vanessa...so cute. Congratulations!

Megan said...

So cute! She totally has Vanessa's nose! Those pictures are great! So clear! Her sweet little hands are so cute! I can't wait to meet Natalie in person!

Megan said...

I LIKE EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!

Cheri said...

I love your girls and miss you guys so much! Seriously, we have not had any home teachers since you left....sad huh? Your baby is beautiful and is so lucky to have such awesome parents! Miss ya!

BlueAdagio said...

I didn't know you guys were having another kid. That's so exciting!!! Congratulations my friends.