Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Natalie Corinne Brown is here! She was born at 1:06 pm, weighing in at 7 lbs. 10 oz., and measuring just barely 17 inches long. As many of you know, we were a little nervous about the c-section, but everything went very smoothly (thank you all for your many prayers!). One of Lisa's biggest concerns about having the c-section was that she would not be able to hold Natalie right away, as she has done with our other two girls. I didn't realize that this meant I would get to hold Natalie for quite a bit of time while they put Lisa back together. I really enjoyed that time to bond with Natalie. As you will see from the pictures below, she takes after her sisters quite a bit. She has a full head of light brown hair and big, chubby cheeks. We couldn't be happier with our new addition!
Here we are just after the delivery.
Not 30 minutes after delivery, she found her thumb. Vanessa was pretty excited to hear that!

Lisa really enjoyed FINALLY getting to hold Natalie.

Those little eyes - one of them anyway - came open once we were in a dimmer room.

I love snuggling my little girls.

Not a fan of baths thus far. I don't think I've ever seen a baby this color. Poor girl.

She was ready for a nap after her bath!

This was probably my favorite part of the day. The girls were so cute together. Nicole's first question when she saw Natalie was, "Daddy, is she real?!"

Nicole loved getting to hold her and kiss her. After her first kiss, she told me that Natalie felt "lotioney".

Vanessa is a very proud big sister. She has grown up so much! She now sits in the back seat of our van and has had to learn to unbuckle herself. Today, before I could get out of the car, she had unbuckled herself and Nicole and asked if there was anything she could do to help. It is so fun to see how Vanessa and Nicole have come together with the addition of Natalie.

22 comments:

Jeanette said...

Cute, cute, cute! She is so cute!! What great pictures. Funny, funny -- the thumb & "is she real?". This is a great post Matt. Natalie definitely looks like her sisters! I love the bow on her hat ... never seen anything like that. Then again, I've only had boys! Give all your girls hugs & kisses from Aunt Nette. I so wish I could be there!!

Becky J. said...

Congrats! She's beautiful. I loved seeing/hearing about how the older girls responded. That little Natalie has 3 mommas, huh! :)

Jeanette said...

p.s.--We like Matt's chin strap ... at least that's what Aaron called it. :)

Mom B. said...

She sure does look like Vanessa! So cute and alert!

It is so fun to see the girls getting to know their new baby sister!

Glad everything went well. Can't wait to hold her!

Papa said...

Wonderful pictures - thank you for sharing this wonderful experience of yours with us. Congratulations!!! The photos of the girls with their baby sister are so precious. A blog update was overdue, but you more than made up for it with this one!!

Mama said...

The photos capture the excitement about the new baby in Nicole's and Vanessa's eyes. Glad they are both such good helpers--especially Vanessa. What a beautiful family. I can hardly wait until I get to see all of you. The comments made by the girls is priceless.

Brett said...

She is very cute and looks very healthy! Thanks for sharing the wonderful pictures and info. Love your three senioritas (sp?). Hope Lisa recovers quickly. Love you all.
Brett, Pippa, & Family.
P.S. We like Matt's chin strap too. :)

calls2003 said...

You do make beautiful girls! Congratulations and I hope the recovery is fast. We miss you guys. What a cute family!

Joel said...

I wanted to call and congratulate you but I know that you are in recovery time, Lisa. So Congratulations! What a BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL princess! Good job Lisa! We are so proud of you. We are so thankful to have the pictures since we are too far away to visit. Vanessa and Nicole are adorable! It is so fun to see their excitement and sisterly love. I love the "wink". Natalie is showing some personality from the very start. I loved the "lotiony" comment from Vanessa! Hugs and Kisses from all of us to all of you. You have a GORGEOUS family.

tia said...

What a happy time and an even more beautiful family! Thank you for sharing these precious photos with all of us. I can't to see you all again.

Unknown said...

Congrats! Natalie is beautiful. Vanessa and Nicole have grown up so much - I'm sure the two of them will be the greatest little helpers with the new baby.

Lisa, I hope you have a quick recovery!

Melanie and Jake said...

Congrats! She is so sweet and so are her sisters! Let me know if I can help- watch the older girls ect.

Mollie said...

Beautiful!!! Your big girls are looking so grown up and beautiful, too! Congrats!! Wish we lived closer and could help (*get our hands on that baby!!!*) Tell Vanessa and Nicole that Kennedi and Klare miss them and are excited for them!!! All our love!

Kristie said...

They are all so cute! I can't believe how big the big two are getting. And the new little one is adorable!

Michelle said...

awwww!!!! i love it! natalie is beautiful and the girls are so cute with her!! we loved watching their ballet videos! sooo cute. and lisa, those belly pics are GORGEOUS. what a handsome family :) love you all, and good luck with the rest of your recovery!!!

holliannmargaret said...

Tears well up in my eyes as I read each caption and I gaze at the beautiful miracle God has bless you 4 with. I especially like the picture of Nicole gently kissing Natalie.
Congratulations! We love you all.
Love (Great)Aunt Kat

holliannmargaret said...

Tears well up in my eyes as I read each caption and I gaze at the beautiful miracle God has bless you 4 with. I especially like the picture of Nicole gently kissing Natalie.
Congratulations! We love you all.
Love (Great)Aunt Kat

Megan said...

What a doll! She looks a lot like Vanessa in the picture with her eye open! I'm sure Vanessa loves the thumb sucker! So cute to see your sweet girls with your new baby! Can't wait to come and see her!

Jana said...

She's adorable! Congrats! Whew, 3 girls! All I can think of is so many tutus...

Alan and Jeni said...

Congratulations!!! All of your girls are adorable and we're so happy for your family! Love to you all!

Joanna said...

Yay! Congratulations!

Michael said...

Congrats you guys. That is really exciting. She is very cute.