Sunday, May 08, 2011

Update for Mother's Day

The girls seem to be changing daily these days. I thought on this special day it'd be nice for our moms (and everyone else) to know the latest. Plus, it's a good excuse to post more pictures!

Vanessa:
Reading everything in sight
Writing all the time, especially little love notes
Learning addition
Hardworking helper (loves to make our bed most)
Playful and SILLY
Loves to dance
Loves to play piano (has been begging for lessons)
Loves to create and draw
Can tie her shoes
Loves her class ("I have 13 friends"--aka, the whole class)
Has a self-proclaimed "healthy tooth (though she still loves sweets)
Has become brave in the wind

Nicole:
Has become quite a jokster
Very interested in letters (now knows the ones in her name)
Loves rock music(especially Coheed and Cambria...go figure)
Loves dogs...and now feels brave around them
Loves dancing, especially really active/happy music (think "Princess & the Frog)
Is drawing faces with arms and legs (hopefully I can post sometime...they're cute)
Has discovered the joy of having her own friends
Loves pretending...especially "baby" and "space"
Has become a brave brace-wearer
Becoming very interested in school and learning
Playful and SILLY
Makes up new words and songs

Natalie:
Climbing up on things
Babbler and smiler (it's so cute)
"Independent" baby food eater
Mommy's girl
Hair-puller
Social butterfly (needs to smile at people)
Crumb hunter
Brave non-binky/bottle-sucker 
Loves to shake and hit toys together
Loves music and boogies to it
Loves to nurse at night
Playful and SILLY (it may be genetic!)

Okay, now that you're caught up, here's our cute, crazy girls:





















10 comments:

Mom B. said...

Love the update. It's so fun to hear all the things the girls are up to, their likes and dislikes etc. And the pictures are so cute! They are all growing up and are so beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing your precious girls with us!!! Hugs and kisses from Grandma B.

Kristie said...

Oh, we miss you guys!
I can't believe how big everyone is getting. But then again, it has been 2 years.
Hope you had a great Mothers day!

Becki said...

Oh you guys are so great!! I miss you...and wish we could have a playdate or dinner date or something...your girls are ADORABLE...and Lisa you are an amazing Mommy!!! I hope things are going great for you guys...which it looks like they are...and I hope you know how much you're loved and missed!!! (P.S...glad Matt's working hard at scrubbing the floor in that one pic!!) :) :) :) Miss you guys!!

Mama said...

What a perfect gift for Mother's Day--pictures and facts about the girls. Give them all a BIG hug from grandmamama and kisses, too. Can't wait for the reunion so I can spend time with all of you.

Dessie said...

Darling post Lisa! I miss you and your girls! Let's play soon. :)

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Your girls are so cute. Loved the update. Happy belated Mother's Day!

Michelle said...

hooray! so happy for an update! now we just need one on you and matt, lisa! they are so, so cute and we miss you all like crazy.

tia said...

What a fun post! As I read through what Vanessa and Nicole are doing, I could "see" them in my head as you described them. Natalie, however, has changed so much since I last saw her. I'm so glad the reunion is less than 2 months away! Thanks for sharing.

Alan and Jeni said...

This may sound redundant, but I just have to say it. Your girls are SO adorable!

Alena said...

Thanks for the post! The girls have changed soo much, they can't get any bigger until July okay?! Haha. As I was looking through the pictures I couldn't help but notice that there's quite a similarity between Natalie and your baby photos. She looks alot like you Lisa. Also, what brace is Nicole wearing? I seemed to have missed something... Thanks again! I love you!