This weekend, we were invited to a Mexican BBQ! Rocio (in the back doing all the work) invited us, along with her neighbors, and her daughter Maribel & her fiance Pablo (next to Vanessa). It was AMAZING!! I think I must have eaten ten tacos...barbequed tortillas are even better than normal ones. It has been really fun to be able to do stuff with Rocio and Maribel, and we are really happy that Maribel has found such a great guy. Rocio is working at a Hawaiian restaurant now, and she invited us to come eat there last Friday. They had a live Hawaiian band complete with hula dancers. Vanessa kept walking right up to the dancers, sticking her little bum out, and swaying her hips back and forth. I wish we would have had the camera.
Here are some of Vanessa's latest "conversations" with us:
At the park on the swing
Vanessa: Harder!
Me: Do you want me to push you harder?
Vanessa: O.K. (after being pushed hard). Oh my gosh! (with both hands on her cheeks)
While I was changing a poopy diaper
Vanessa: Vanessa poopy all the time!
Walking to the car while all dressed up
Lisa: Vanessa, you're so cute.
Vanessa: I cute! I cute! I pretty! I good!
While she was laying in bed with Lisa and me
Me: Vanessa, can I have a hug?
Vanessa: No, no, no!
Me: What do you mean, no?
Vanessa: I mean no, no, no!
I'm really enjoying the phase she is in right now, although I have to be really careful what I say. Because of me, some of her new words are "dangit", "holy crap", and "fart". I guess that's why the next one is a girl instead of a boy.
3 comments:
I was laughing through all the "conversations and phrases" :) Vanessa is so stinkin' cute and her little voice is adorable!!! It's been fun seeing you guys and visiting for awhile!! You guys are GREAT!!! :) :) :)
Hilarious! Love the swing story, what a total babe! It is so fun, the more they talk, the more you can get to know who they really are....kids are so fun!
those conversations are priceless! what a cute girl, and totally hilarious like her dad. yeah, i'd watch out for crap and fart. they come back with a vengeance.
Post a Comment