Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Moving

So, since we've known that we'll be staying at BYU, we have been working on getting things "set up" for grad school and a new baby. We applied to Provo City housing (truly a blessing when you're living the student life with kids). We got approved and are just waiting for the people to move out of the town home we'll be living in (pictures will come once we've actually toured the place). The great thing is, I think we'll actually get settled in before Nicole is born, and we'll have more room when people come visit us!

In the meantime, I am getting closer and closer to the end of my calling and to my due date. Time seems to be slowing down! I'm just glad it's springtime and we can get out to play.

Matt (and his department) has made a different move...to a UCCU branch by the BYU Stadium. The set-up is a little goofy, but he gets to work a lot closer to home while he's still at this job. He also has been enjoying his freedom to read whatever he darn well pleases each evening instead of textbooks (I think this is the first time since I met him that he's been able to do that). It's been fun as he's shared some of he's been reading.

Last, but not least, Vanessa continues to add to her list of phrases. Matt was teaching her to shake hands and say "Nice to meet you." Then she took both of his hands and said "two to-meet-you's." She is also developing her own music repertoire, and now "sings" I Am a Child of God and Goony Sweethot (Goodnight Sweetheart) on a regular basis, which means that she sings the first line over and over to her own tune. Every truck has become "Grandpa's truck" and she "calls" Grandma T (her great-grandma Tschudy) on her phone all the time. She loves looking at pictures of family and I think she remembers and misses all of you guys every bit as much as we do (She even remembers Baby Jozen and Baby Evan). We can't wait for this summer!



Vanessa loves taking her shirts off and putting things on her head (this time it was sunglasses, but usually it's one of our shirts)


Megan and Jason came over to watch Conference with us on Sunday. I think Vanessa was training her Uncle Jason on baby care. (By the way, we're so excited for you guys to have your little girl!)

As I happened upon this scene, I was thinking Michelle's "Destructo Boy" story. Apparently Vanessa was making a bed for herself...(sigh) five minutes after I had put all that stuff away. (Oh, and if you see that bump in the very bottom of the picture, that's my belly getting in the way. Notice how there's no sign of my feet below).

1 comment:

Michelle said...

lisa - what a fun post and great to get caught up on your lives! sounds like you are all being very blessed right now. i love the vanessa pics...what a cute little monkey. i hope you are feeling well in these last few weeks!

matt - what have you been reading lately?