Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter!

We had quite the Easter this year. We started it off with an egg hunt by the duck pond at BYU campus. Vanessa got to join the other excited, impatient kids in the "2 & under" group, wit her "purse" in hand.

Five minutes before they started, the adults dumped out a ton of eggs on the grass, and the kids picked them up just about as fast! Here's Vanessa on a mission:
She did a pretty darn good job picking up eggs and fortunately didn't really notice until afterward that all eggs had candy inside. The rest of the day that was all she asked for (except when we took her to the park to swing--I think that's the only time I've heard her turn down chocolate).
The next morning Vanessa got her Easter basket. She got several books, toys, and, of course, candy! Fortunately, she was just as excited for the books about Jesus as the other stuff.

After that, I attempted the impossible (and crazy): curling a toddler's hair and getting everyone ready for 8:30am church (This was after painting her nails the night before). I'm sorry to say that my "project" made us late for church. Ah well, lesson learned! Here is Vanessa's hair in progress:



Since it rained, we didn't get to take any outside pictures. And after the ordeal of trying to do her hair, she wasn't really ready to hold still for pictures. This is about as good as it gets:



Once we got to church, the rest of the day was great and a bit more Christ-centered than the stressful morning. We had a fun, laid-back dinner after church with Megan and Jason and let Vanessa "hunt" for more candy-filled eggs.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh....my....goodness! I did not think it was possible, but she is truly getting cuter by the day! Her hair for Easter was gorgeous! What a total babe! I can't wait to meet next babe! Hope Lisa is feeling well!

Anonymous said...

What a doll! I'm glad that her dress fits so well, I was afraid it would be too big! Wish we could have seen her hunting for eggs!
This won't let me log in as myself, so I went anonymous.
Love,
Mom B.

Michelle said...

oh! she is too precious for words! you guys are such great parents. can't wait to meet nicole!

christine said...

ADORABLE pictures!