
Call me a nerd (I used to think people who were in to Lord of the Rings were Dungeons and Dragons freaks), but I can't put down the Lord of the Rings. I started reading it a couples of weeks ago, and here are some of the conversations that have taken place in our house since:
When I get home from work
Lisa: How was your day?
Me: Good. Do you want to know something about Lord of the Rings that isn't in the movie?
After putting Vanessa to bed
Lisa: Do you want to hang out?
Me: Sure. Do you want to sit next to me while I read my book?
In addition, the book has become the most protected piece of property in our apartment. It travels with me to work, nicely wrapped in a plastic bag to protect it from any unseen danger. It never sits within 4 feet of the ground. And it is never seen near any liquid or food.
I'm a nerd.
6 comments:
you're as bad as a trekkie! ha! sounds like a good read. i remember walking out of the movie - it freaked me out. the book, i've heard, is a lot better. i'm glad you are finding time to read things you actually WANT to read now!
I know lots of ladies who are really into the fantasy books, like Harry Potter and others. I really tried to get into Harry because Mark was at that age when it came out, but for some reason, I never could. I do love having a book that you can't put down, though. Mine was "The Work and The Glory" and any book by Torey Hayden. She is a child therapist and has worked for many years as a teacher of terribly abused children. She is so amazing with them, that I just love seeing how she will handle each different situation. Have fun reading!
That's hilarious! Jason is the exact same way with ALL his books, he likes to keep them looking nice and last night I put a small table lamp on one and he was like "careful...MY BOOK!" You guys can be nerds together!
All I can say is it is time for a Lord of the Rings movie night!!!
i believe everyone on this good earth needs to read this series at least once in their life. it's just that simple.
by the way your daughter is such a doll!
That is awesome. I have had the same thing happen - my wife loves it when I invite her to sit next to me during Sportscenter.
Post a Comment