I knew nothing about the story before I started and felt silly reading a "Christmas" book, although the beginning didn't seem to really be about Christmas. Well, I went to bed, not thinking much about it. At 4am, I was wide awake again with no hope of more sleep, so I decided to read more. I got hooked. It was a fascinating book about a book the author wrote and his experiences with it. And it really wasn't about Christmas. As I read, I felt like there was I reason I read it when I did. I let you know if/when I discover why.

After I finished that book that morning, I really wanted to read the book that created this experience. I checked it out from the library and quickly read it that day. It was short and sweet, and it made me cry. It is called The Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans. Without giving too much away, it will be touching for anyone who reads it, but particularly for a particular group of parents. (I really don't want to say more, it spoils the magic).

The book about this book is called The Christmas Box Miracle by the same author, but read it after the other book. They are both fairly short and are worth reading outside of Christmas time. Once you do, let me know what you think.
1 comment:
I remember seeing the movie some years ago. It was a really neat story, but I have never read the other book. I'll have to check it out and read it when I have a spare moment!
Post a Comment