Friday, June 15, 2007

My Sleepy Girls

I have been feeling sorry for our little blog and it's lack of posts lately (I keep meaning to give a "virtual tour" of our new place, but life kind of takes over). In the meantime, I thought I'd share a few pictures.

The other day I was determined to finally get Vanessa's room unpacked. Hers is the hardest room since I can't do it while she's sleeping in her crib. So, we put her on the guest bed. She wasn't quite sure what to do, so she stood at the door for a while, calling out, "Mommy? Grandma?" After a while we didn't hear her anymore, so I went to check the result. Here it is:

Since she couldn't climb back onto the bed, she finally fell asleep standing up. Poor tired girl! After I took her picture, I laid her down so she could actually be comfortable.

Nicole is my other sweet sleeper. Although she has her fun awake times, she also falls (and stays) asleep pretty well most the time. While I was still working on Vanessa's room, I fed Nicole, then put her in Vanessa's crib. This shot reminds me of her favorite pose in the untrasounds.

Doesn't she just make you want to snuggle up and take a nap?

Here are a couple other photos to tide you over till our next post:


This one cracks me up! It makes Nicole look a little funny, but she is fascinated by her own tongue!
Our outdoor girl is doing one of her all-time favorite things: throwing rocks in the water. We went to the canyon again and remembered the camera this time. She is just so stinkin' cute!

We also got to go to the Orem Summerfest parade while Grandma Brown was here. Vanessa was very excited about the police motorcycles. Here is a video from the parade.


As this post is already a little random, I just wanted to throw in a little thanks. We will try to let you all know on an individual basis, but we are extremely grateful for everyone's help, prayers, and support over these past few weeks (and months). We just love our beautiful girls to pieces, and sometimes we wonder what extra challenges may lie ahead. Knowing that all of you also love them and want the very best brings us a great deal of comfort. We consider ourselves extremely blessed to not only have Vanessa and Nicole, but also to be surrounded by such wonderful family and friends. We love you! May the Lord bless you for your goodness!

7 comments:

Mollie said...

Love the "woo wee!" video. Your pictures are all priceless, thanks for sharing! Love and miss you!

Michelle said...

this post makes me SOOO excited for next week! can't wait to give loves to those sweet girlies!

The Jones :) said...

Too cute Lisa!! The parade was great, and she gets so excited!!! I also love Nicole's tongue...that's kinda funny!! Looking forward to more posts!!! They're so cute!!
-Becki :)

Mom B. said...

I'm so glad that I took that video! I wasn't even sure that is was recording! I have it on my flash drive, and have shown it to everyone here at work. Dad & I watch it several times a day, and it eases the separation! She is so cute! Can't wait to see you all again soon. Give the girls hugs and kisses from us.

christine said...

Love the tongue picture.

Anonymous said...

Too cute! I love the one of Vanessa sleeping against the bed. Nicole looks a lot like Vanessa, but seems to have a little bit of her own look as well. I am perfectly fine with all boys until I see your cute girls! I can't wait to see them. Love ya!

calls2003 said...

Nice pictures, thanks for posting, we love reading about you guys! We loved the video!