Due to typical Utah summer temperatures, we decided to start Vanessa's b-day celebration at Veteran's Pool. I think it got up to 104 degrees that day, so the water was very welcomed.

Lisa impressed us all with her decorative skills in making Vanessa's Nemo cake.
We got Vanessa her own princess dress and princess bed set. It didn't take long for her to grasp on to the idea that she was a princess.
After the party was over, Vanessa was more than ready to curl up in her princess bed for a long sleep.The next day, we all got up bright and early for church and Nicole's blessing. I felt very lucky to have such a special spirit come into our family. It was also our last Sunday in our favorite ward since we've been married, the BYU 97th ward. We will miss it, but Nicole's blessing was a perfect note to end on. It was nice to have my dad, father-in-law, cousin Ian, and mission buddies Brad, Vince, and Ryan there for the blessing.

4 comments:
Well it's about time you post these!!! Glad you finally got them on!!! I love your tan line Matt...your neck is awfully dark...then there's your back!! YIKES :)
-Becki
this was definitely a weekend to remember! thanks for all of the fun.
Oh, this post makes me miss Utah! Congrats on all the fun things happening in your family. Lisa, Vanessa's cake is to die for! You're such a "Martha", I love it!
104?!?!?! Yuck! I'm glad you had a cool place to chill out! Lisa, that cake is adorable! You did an amazing job!!!! I'm sure Vanessa had a blast digging into that! She sure does look like a princess. I'm so glad so many people could be there for the blessing, how nice!
Post a Comment