Friday, April 18, 2008

Nicole's Feet

Here's just a quick update on Nicole's feet. We had an appointment with Dr. Stotts yesterday, and he seemed almost amazed at how well her feet are doing! My heart is filled with gratitude, as this feels like a little miracle to me. As we drove up yesterday, I was nervous about how her progress had been these past four months. Added to that was her fussing during part of the trip, which by itself was very minor, but brought flashbacks of the numerous unexpected trips to recast or contemplate surgery. She would scream all the way up, but still not be too tired to fuss during the casting. Wow, I am glad those days are long past!




You can imagine my joy at these past few appointments bringing such good news! Her feet are doing great, her legs look great, and we don't need to be seen for another 6 months! Now that she is pulling up on things and standing, that will only make things even better. She does still hyperextend her knees, but Dr. Stotts said that was no cause for worry and she'll gradually grow out of it. We will have her hips x-rayed, possibly the next appointment, just to be sure they are continuing to develop well.




It is so fun to see Nicole use those feet with a huge smile on her face. I think she knows she's accomplished something pretty great. The Lord has truly answered our prayers!

12 comments:

tia said...

Hooray! I'm so happy for you! It's great to know that Nicole is doing so well. I'm only saddened when I think about how long it might be before I see any of you again. Thanks for sharing pictures of your sweet family.

The Jones :) said...

That is GREAT Lisa!! I'm so glad to hear things are so good!! I'm glad you're still alive and FINALLY wrote to me!! :) :) :) Nicole is getting so big and cute...as is Vanessa too!! Can't wait to see you guys and get together!!!
-Becki :)

Unknown said...

That is so great!!! Isn't it amazing what can happen when we combine faith and prayers with a little bit of modern medicine.

Jana said...

I am so happy for you and your adorable family. Oh, and did I mention they're ADORABLE?

Mollie said...

HOO-RAY! It's so fun to see her growing so much! And I agree, miracles happen!!!

Mom B. said...

I'm so glad to hear the good news! I was amazed when we were there at how well she was doing! It was hard to tell that she had ever been in casts or had surgery! She is such a special little girl, as is Vanessa! We love you all, and have a wonderful time in St. George!

Joel said...

I'm so happy for you! Cute pictures!
-Joel

Jeanette said...

She looks great! And so grown up.

Rebecca Luke said...

So Good to hear! She is one amazing little cutie, that's for sure! So fun to see you guys again at Aubin's blessing. Thanks for coming and enjoying the day with us. Hopefully we can have more fun days together when we move to Provo!

Michelle said...

what a cutie! look at those fabulous feet! this is very good news. i am so glad to hear that everything is working out like it should! love you guys!

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Yeah Nicole! Get up and go girl!

Megan said...

Oh my gosh, such cute pictures! I'm so glad to hear the good news! She's such an amazing little munchkin!