Friday, May 30, 2008

I NEED YOUR INPUT: Photo Contest

I am entering Nicole in a contest, and I need fresh, (more) objective eyes to let me know which picture(s) stand the best chance. Here's the photo criteria:

clear
shows baby's personality and charm
makes her look like magazine cover material for parenting magazine

Vote on the side bar for your favorite. If you have other helpful input (orientation suggestions, what pictures to throw out, etc.) please put that in the comments. I will be submitting by the afternoon.

Thanks!

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)
21)
22)
23)
24)
25)
26)

19 comments:

Megan said...

are you kidding me???? I have to pick ONE????? Those are all so cute!!!! I voted for #20! Good luck Nicolie bug! If I were the judge, you would win for sure!!!

The Jones :) said...

I agree...a little difficult to vote for just ONE...but I picked #4...there are a lot of cute ones...but I like that one best!!! Good luck...and your photography skills are great!!!
-Becki :)

Jana said...

I picked #21 because her eyes are brilliant in it and I think it looks the most like something I'd see on a magazine cover. #4 was my runner-up. Good luck!

Kristi said...

Uhh... well I like 3, 7, 8, 12, 16, 20, 21, and 22. Ha ha. I can't pick just one!

Becky J. said...

They're all way too cute, it's impossible to choose only one. Good luck deciding! Miss you and hope everything's going well!

Kristi said...

And by three I meant 4!

Kristina said...

I voted 16, but I also liked 4 (like everyone else) and 24/25 - I guess I am biased to little girls with glasses.

Mollie said...

5,10, and 19....there is no way this auntie can pick just one!

tia said...

I think #10 best fits the criteria. The foreground would need to be lightened and the image cropped. My next 4 choices (in order) are 2, 4, 11 & 13. I didn't pick 4 as the best because it seemed too generic (i.e., another happy, smiling baby). The other top ones better capture Nicole's unique personality. On that note, it's too bad 16 was blurry--it would have been the best!

As for the ones to throw out -- 1, 5, 8, 15, 16 & 18 are too blurry. Numbers 7, 9, 14 & 17 don't quite seem like magazine cover material.

Good luck!

Jami said...

I'm going to have be like everyone else and say it was far too hard to pick just one, but if I have to narrow it down I go with number 4. She is so stinkin' cute.

Walter and Lynsi Hohmann said...

I pick #21. She looks beautiful in it! The picture is great quality and it shows her cute personality. Plus, I think it's unique. Good luck!

Cori said...

I would go for 22, 25, or 26. I think 26 shows more personality then the other two. They are all adorable!

Jeanette said...

I picked #5 because to me it looked the most like magazine material.

#19 was a close 2nd, but I liked a more close-up view.

#10 is a good one for showing facial expression, but I didn't think it was close enough for a magazine cover.

Personality is a hard thing. When you know the personality, it is really hard to pick ONE picture that captures it all. I tried to look and see what picture(s) I thought showed any personality.

Here is a little more feedback:

#12 -- cute, but I think looks more 'mean' than 'happy'

#17 -- beautiful picture! Definitely magazine material. Doesn't show a lot of personality unless you're trying to say 'tranquil' :)

I'll be curious to know which one you send in!

Mama said...

I worked in the morning and went to Hayden's wedding in the Portland temple in the afternoon so was out of the loop for voting. Which one did you enter? Is there a contest for Vanessa's age?

Patti said...

21 is a winner!!

Mom B. said...

Sorry I missed the poll! It would have been a hard choice, but I would have voted for #5. I love her little curls showing and her eyes look so bright! She has such a bright, happy personality, and is so adorable, I don't know how any other baby could win over her! Good luck!

Mom B. said...

Sorry, I meant # 4!

Alena said...

hey sorry I missed the poll! I need to come see you guys again soon...monday seemed so long ago. hope all is well and as for my vote....all of them :)

Michelle said...

i missed it, too! how could you decide?! they are all soooo adorable! what a cutie pie. i loved four the best, i think. let us know the outcome!