Our girls love to talk. Not that it is a surprise to anyone who knows me...it's genetic. Most of the time that they say things that make us laugh or smile, I thoroughly enjoy, then sadly forget. Here's a few I hope to hold on to:
A bathroom conversation (forgive the personal note) with Nicole:
Nicole: Mommy poopin? Poopin, too?
Me: Yes, Mommy's pooping.
Nicole: Ghose?
Me: What?
Nicole: Ghose?
Me: (to self) oh...gross. (To Nicole) Is it stinky?
Nicole: Uh-huh. Bye-bye, Mommy!
Nicole, while hugging Matt goodbye: "Gonna miss you!" (It was even harder for him to leave after that!).
When Nicole sees pictures of roosters: "Awk-a-doo-doo"
This one is for those of you who are familiar with Barbie and the Diamond Castle. Nicole sings along to the Barbie doll, copying big sister: "hmmm...nected...hmmm...ected"
I am learning that Vanessa is catching on to a lot more things. There was something I saw at the store I wanted to surprise the girls with later. Unfortunately, it caught Vanessa's eye, and she couldn't stop talking about it. I tried to make it sound like it was for someone else (I know, I lied to my child). At the end of the very long shopping trip she turns to me:
"Mommy, I think I'm going to get that treat because Daddy got the sled and he said it was for somebody else, and then he gave me the sled, so I think I'm going to get that treat!" Whoops!
At my doctor's appointment, Vanessa was very concerned about what the doctor was doing to me (don't worry, it wasn't the Pap), "Doctor, be careful with Mommy, because she's a special mommy." (Makes me heart melt).
On frequent occasions, when Matt gets to be home with us, Vanessa often says "Daddy, your the best daddy in the whole world."
When I ask Vanessa to help me clean up her toys so she can get out yet more toys: "Mommy, I'm exhausted. Maybe you should just do it."
11 comments:
Good idea to write those down. So cute, it's amazing how much Nicole is talking and how SMART Vanessa is! I miss those girlies!
That is too cute...and I laughed out loud when I read that conversation in the bathroom with Nicole...that's TOO funny!! And Vanessa...no more tricking her...she's too smart for that!!
Do I hear an echo? They are really smart little girls, so you really need to be on your toes with them. Thanks for the cute insights.
"ghose" Awesome word! Funny kids!
I nearly peed my pants when I read the diamond castle quote...Kennedi and Vanessa are a LOT alike, Klare and Nicole....it's a little sister thing! So cute! As for Vanessa's deductive reasoning, isn't that incredible!!! She is so brilliant! What a star! (May i warn you, this too smart thing only gets more apparent with age.;))
I'm so glad you are writing down the cute things they say! I always thought I could remember the cute things my kids would say, but alas, I didn't.
I can't believe how smart they both are! Nicole talks so well, and Vanessa figuring out the surprise! Wow!
Can't wait to hug and kiss them in a couple of weeks!
Gosh dang! I think if I could ooze adoration, I would. They are just too much! Thanks for sharing.
It's hard to believe Nicole is talking now, but I guess it has been 6 months since I saw all of you. Thanks for preserving such precious memories and sharing them with us.
That's cute. Don't kids say the craziest things.
Oh gosh! That poop quote is SO FUNNY & sounds MUCH like the conversation we've had in our house!
Wow, they've changed so much already since we were there! So so cute still though!
Post a Comment