Wednesday, March 11, 2009

We need a vote...should we be Red Raiders or Bulldogs?




12 comments:

tia said...

Hmmm... looks like color won't be an issue since both mascots are red and you all look good in that. ;) So, I'll have to base my choice on personal preference and advantage--I vote for Bulldogs!

Papa said...

Bulldogs - mostly because that way you will be closer to family and not so isolated.

BTW, Lindley Jr. HS where I attended 7th, 8th, and 9th grades (Greensboro, NC) were the Bulldogs - red and white too. Up the street from where I lived in Greensboro was a Mack Truck Lines repair garage. I delivered newspapers to them, and they gave me a tie with a big bulldog on it that I wore to pep rallys.

I'm afraid 4 years in Lubbock would be very hard on the family - but you might grow fond of tumbleweeds, and rattlesnakes:o)

The Jones :) said...

I say the Texas one, because I know that's what you were hoping for...so that's what I think...well not really. Honestly I think you should just stay in Utah so we can see you and play!! ;) We really will miss you :(

Jeanette said...

If Red Raiders means rattlesnakes & tumbleweeds, then I vote Raiders ... we've grown quite fond of our tumbleweeds and desert animals. :)

Otherwise, I say wherever you feel best about. It's so far away from us either way that I will probably be negligent in visiting, but I want you to be happy!

Mollie said...

I hate to say it, cause it is farther away, but I vote bulldogs...Then we can meet up at disney world! plus, i think it would be a nicer place to raise the girls...

Michelle said...

GO RAIDERS!!! less school, less time on a plane, less money to live there, more money (that they'll give you), closer to megan, children's hospital...and i'm with jeanette - bring on those tumbleweeds & rattlesnakes! we love them, too. dryer air means less illness for kids. bring on the 3-hour road trips to get to "civilization". how adventurous!

in the end, however, it should be where you feel is the best fit for your future career, matt. your family will be happy when you are happy in your program, knowing it will bring stability for the future!!

Megan said...

I'm sure you already know my vote! And I think I'm gonna have to have a talk with Mollie!!!!

I have to tell you I didn't like it over hear the first little bit, but I absolutely LOVE it now and will be very sad to leave. I would love to have you guys closer! But yes, Michelle is right, I will be happy wherever you go because I will know it is where you should be!

Mom B. said...

Texas, Southwest flies in there!!! No prop plane rides for me!

Besides, you will be close to Megan and Jason then, and we could have a holiday or two together!

Jana said...

Go to Georgia, maybe we could all meet up somewhere inbetween Memphis and Athens (I just checked and they are only 7.5 hours away!) and have some delicious BBQ together.

Cassie said...

Texas all the way! That will give me more incentive to pull the trigger and go there myself. After our lunch today, and the facts concerning Georgia's financial dilemmas, I think the choice is clear. And cheaper. And closer. Do it!

Joel said...

I say Texas. No state income tax, Not as humid as Georgia, closer to the west coast, and don't forget cowboy boots (I've even seen pink ones). Plus when (not if) your girls pick up the accent, a Texas accent sounds slightly more intelligent than a Georgia accent. And who knows, maybe we'll be in Texas too.

BlueAdagio said...

I vote Texas for purely selfish reasons. It's where I ended up.

(So where in Texas? I'm afraid I'm no good at Mascots...I have no idea where the Raiders are from.)