Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Wonderful surprise

After I check my e-mail, I'm taken to the MSN homepage where there are snippets of news, advice, etc. While it is often interesting, there's not usually anything to really report on. Well, today I noticed a blurb about a woman who auditioned for Britain's Got Talent. This singer, Susan Boyle, appeared to the audience to be a flop because of what they judged to be lack of beauty, fashion, or anything noteworthy, but as she began to sing, it was a complete transformation, as everyone's eyes (and ears) were opened to real beauty. I came across the story after her talent was revealed, so I can't claim any credit for not being judgmental. Still, in pondering on this story, I think sometimes it is easy to think we "see" what someone is like with one glance, when that person has so much more to offer, so much depth, feeling, and sweetness, and not to mention talent. Susan, I'm rooting for you!



The clip is 7 minutes but it shows her whole song and the reactions before and after. Sorry you can't view it right on the blog. I tried!

7 comments:

Papa said...

Thank you for sharing this - and YES she has talent, and like you, I hope she goes all of the way. If you have not seen him before, check out Paul Potts on youtube - he won Britain's got talent a couple of years ago, and like Susan, leaves you with a dropped jaw and your hair tingling. If you watch it, watch the faces of Piers and Simon.

Mama said...

I heard about this women this morning on the radio. Thanks for sharing the link so I could hear it for myself. It brought tears to my eyes and chills throughout my body. Great message, too! Thanks

The Jones :) said...

Thank you for sharing Lisa...I saw part of it on the Today show this morning, and you're right...we sometimes are too quick to judge, and after watching that, I hope to do a little better each day at NOT judging people for what I see...because maybe deep down inside they are a Susan Boyle!!
THANK YOU

Becca said...

That was incredible! I hope she wins. Be sure to give us an update!

Megan said...

I love this! I have seen it all over tv all week, it's so cool how everyone is just stunned!

Michelle said...

i saw this the other day and LOVED it. she is fantastic.

tia said...

Modern technology sure has a way of shrinking our world. This was one of many ways and places that I heard of Susan Boyle. Thanks for sharing.