We love it...and the trees!
Now that we have felt "settled" for a little bit, we've had a chance to explore. Despite being "the middle of nowhere," Lubbock has a lot to offer and we are very "happily situated."
Here's our lovely street...very quiet!
Rudy's, one of our first dining encounters. Great barbecue! One of my favorite things about Texas...they know how to do meat right. Mmmmm!
This is a local grocery store that's a bit fancier than the Wal-Mart we bargain shop at. Why we love it? Awesome bakery and produce, kid-size shopping carts, and a tank of live, large lobsters (Vanessa calls them cute. Nicole calls them "my lobsters" and wants to hold them). I hope to get a picture of them with their "little friends" soon.
And here's the reason for coming...Texas Tech! And in case you're wondering, that's not the Red Raider. I've heard two phrases that will keep the peace here in Lubbock (not hard to do): "Go Raiders!" and "Guns up!" Gotta love West Texas.
Still Tech...the pictures don't do it justice.
Matt's building (older, so not as ornate)...his other home for the next few years.
Yep, this is at Tech, too. A leisure pool complete with lazy river, fountains, and family hours. Makes our 100 degree weather feel just right.

Okay, I just thought this picture from the website was funny.

Maxey Park. One of many here, but this one's the best so far. Most all have water and ducks...
and a playground. This one is awesome for the covered structures and ramps connecting everything. Niccoli can climb everything "all by-self."
And last but not least, The Lubbock Texas Temple. It may be a smaller one, but very beautiful.
And here's two of our favorite people...Nicole was just getting over a tantrum, so this was her best attempt at a smile. It's tough being two!
And Vanessa, who loves posing in one of her favorite dresses.
Although we miss family and friends, we are happy to say we love our new home and look forward to our time here with all of its adventures. Go Raiders!
12 comments:
Sad you guys are gone but that looks like a fab place for you!
Wow! Something on your blog other than Matt's Graduation! Thank you sooooooooooo much for the tour of Lubbock. The campus is gorgeous - I am very impressed. And I like all of the trees!! Do you need some iris to plant in all of those holes in the sidewalk? Do you have the whole house, or is it a duplex and you have the left half? Looks very nice! Is there a spare room for visiting grandparents? Also I think it is interesting that your favorite 2 people are a couple of our favories too!
I think Texas will begin to grow on you even more. I've never lived there, but love to visit. Enjoy those fun water parks and quiet suburban living for the girls. They look very grown up in these pictures. Crazy how time flies.
That looks really nice! We miss you in the ward, but are excited for your new adventures. Who knows, maybe we'll join you there in Lubbock next year!
Wow...how exciting and fun for you guys. I feel HORRIBLE that we didn't get together before you left...but we'll have to keep in touch this way I suppose. The girls are adorable, and Texas doesn't look so bad!! I hope you guys enjoy it and have lots of fun adventures!! I know you won't have any trouble fitting in or making friends...you guys are amazing!! Keep in touch!!
Becki :)
I wish I could convince my hubby that it is ok to leave the state! How fun! Thanks for the tour. At least, if I can ever convince my husband to visit, I know what to go and see!
Great post, you captured all the best of Lubbock! I love the pictures of the girls!
Hope you had a great time with your sister, I know it is great to get away alone sometimes!
Hugs and kisses to my sweet girls!
Lisa, I just found your blog from Rebecca Cox's. Looks like you've got two sweet girls. I hope everything is going well for you guys.
Love,
Joanna Moody
We miss you guys. So good to see pictures again. Glad you are settled in. Still seems to be a dream for us. Good to know that you like your new home. Hope we can come visit sometime. Cute pictures of the girls.
Fun post! I'm glad you guys have settled in nicely! We're so happy to have you closer to us! It was really fun being able to come out and visit you guys, thanks for letting us crash your pad! The girls look adorable, as always!
It's good to see pictures of Lubbock--I'd been envisioning sparse brown plains so I'm glad that there's so much green. That swimming pool looks especially inviting.
Lisa, thanks again for a WONDERFUL visit; you're welcome to come back any time with or without your family. :)
Matt, now might be the best time to learn how to clean a gun to frighten all the suitors your girls will have when they're older. ;)
Matt,
Así como los misioneros jóvenes del Libro de Mormón se llenaban de felicidad al ver que pasaba el tiempo y sus hermanos seguían fuertes en la Fe, así mismo yo me lleno de alegría y es para mí motivo de gran gozo encontrarte por este medio.
Gracias por compartir tus alegrías y tus bendiciones con nosotros, estoy convencido de que es tu manera que tienes de agradecerle al Nuestro Padre las grandes cosas que él te ha dado.
Sigue fuerte y muchas felicidades por tu gradución y tu hermosa familia. Tu esposa es un mujer especial con un gran testimonio.
Voy a Salt Lake en octubre para la Conferencia General, sería muy chido verte, al menos por un par de horas.
(Sorry for the Spanish but I need to practice it around the web, Facebook makes me use English hehehe)
UN ABRAZO.
Christian Avila (antiguo Elder Avila que fue líder de distrito en Quintero cuando tú eras líder de Zona en Industrial en la Misión México Mérida).
Post a Comment