Saturday, September 19, 2009

Drive-In and Arts & Garden Festival

Friday night we decided to check out the local drive-in. I guess I'd never been to a real drive-in before, so I was surpised that it included a diner and playground! The girls had a blast playing around on the toys while the sun set (which was an awesome site). Then, we opened up the back of the van, got our snacks ready, and were treated to a contraception commercial as part of the previews. I thought that was kinda weird. Anyway, then we watched...



It was a great movie and I highly recommend it!


Here's a before the movie shot. The girls got more excited than they look here.


Today we decided to go to the arboretum, and again were pleasantly surprised to find out that they were having the annual arts and garden festival. There were a lot of local art/crafts type venders showing off their stuff as well as some awesome food. We ate some true pumpkin pie and got to watch some local dancers doing ballet and tap. The girls loved that part! Some students from Tech were also there doing a lot of free stuff for the kids. They took this picture of us and were amazingly successful at getting Nicole to not only look at the camera, but also smile!

10 comments:

Mama said...

Wow! The drive-ins there are different than any I have attended, but that was a long time ago. Great pictures. Looks like there are lots of things for families to do.

Papa said...

Cannot tell you the last time I went to a drive in - perhaps as long ago as our honeymoon (where we went to a double feature, and I slept through the secong feature). The art fair sounds fun. A temple ordinance worker who I worked with at the temple last night, served his mission in Lubbock. Thanks for the update.

Jana said...

I love Matt's mega-dad beard. Jason was sporting one of those for a while, and I loved it. You have such a cute family!

The Jones :) said...

Looks like fun...they have a drive-in like that in Minnesota...it's fun!! I love Matt's hairy face...he think since he's not at BYU he can go hairy crazy now!?!?!? Looks good though...wish Ryan could grow something ;)

Kristina said...

We had a great drive-in theatre in Oak Harbor. They had go-carts,arcade and a small diner (well you had to eat back at your vehicle). Lots 'o fun.
Real pumpkin pie? That is made from a fresh pumpkin as opposed to can? Joel cut up a pumpkin last year and we made some. Very tasty.

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

I can't believe the drive in had a playground. Thanks for the movie suggestion. I'll put it in my Netflix. Great picture of the 4 of you!

Joel said...

I bet it's warmer watching a drive-in movie in Texas than in northern Washington. Sounds like you had fun. Good to hear from you guys.

Michelle said...

how fun!! i can't wait to see that movie - but to see it in a drive-in would be so cool! i'd be looking for meatballs to fall out of the sky!

nice scruff, mattie.

Megan said...

Oh, I want to see that movie! I'm glad to hear a good review! That drive in sounds awesome!

Mom B. said...

I've never had dinner at a drive-in theater! That sounds really cool! So does the art fair, sounds like Lubbock has lots to offer!