Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My Visit with Angelene

As a Mother's Day/birthday present this year, Matt took one of my vocalized dreams and turned it into a reality. He bought me a plane ticket to visit my sister, Angelene, in Maryland, while he took care of our girls for a week. I was pleasantly overwhelmed with the thought that I could spend a whole week, one-on-one with one of my sisters, in a truly fascinating, historical, and wonderful area of the country. I think Angelene enjoyed it a little, too!

In the following posts I shared our daily excursions, which don't quite do the trip justice, but give you some idea what we were up to. Each night after our adventures, we would come back and enjoy delicious fruits and vegetables, eauropean chocolate, and would stay up until our eyelids begged for mercy as we chatted about anything and everything sisters talk about!

4 comments:

Rebecca Luke said...

So glad you got to go have a week of so much fun! Isn't that area amazing? I told Chris that we have to go there sometime (he's never been), because it's truly so much fun, and almost everything is FREE!!! So happy you got to see your sister too. Matt did a good job...sly guy!

Joel said...

Wow. Looks like you had a busy trip. Funny thing that I went to school out there and didn't see all those sites. I'm sure it's good to be home to.

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

That looks like so much fun. A week of fun in fact. I'm glad you had a good time with your sister.

Megan said...

looks like you guys had an awesome time! What a treat to be able to spend so much quality time with your sister!