Angelene's stake (Church district over several wards or congregations) has an annual temple day where members try to attend as much of the day as possible in the temple, doing temple work. Since I came out the week of this event, Matt and Angelene arranged it so I could attend that day with her. My sister, Jeanette, even provided some family names for us to do to make the day personally special.

This is our greeting view first thing in the morning.

And this was our view at the end of the day. Such a beautiful temple! It's hard to put into words, but truly an amazing experience!
3 comments:
The Washington DC Temple is a breathtaking sight from the beltway when it is lit up like that. In 1970 I was stationed at Walter Reed AMC, and helped to clear some of the land for the building of the temple there.
It is amazing from the beltway. When we first moved to DC there was a sign across one of the bridge overpasses that said, "Surrender Dorthy".
Wow, you really packed a lot into that trip! I'm so glad you got away and had such a good time! Beautiful pictures!
Post a Comment