Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Snow Days

Since moving to Texas, I thoroughly expected to not have a white Christmas. Yet to my delighted surprise, the night before Christmas Eve it snowed, and snowed...
and stayed! so we went out Christmas Eve morning excited to play in the 6 inches we got.
It was a little colder and windier than we thought...
so seeing, playing, or staying outside was hard...
But we managed to make a snow mound man out of the dry powder!



Since then, we've had some other snow days. It's been a bit surprising how many cold, snowy days we've had here. I am beginning to think that when we got ready for our big move, we accidentally packed some Utah weather in there somewhere. We've begun to be less and less excited every time it snows. We like the sun! Still, yesterday, we got about 3 inches of snow and Vanessa was home (school delays and sickness), so we decided to enjoy the snow again.




And here's the girls first authentic-looking snowman. They even hung in there for making most of it before begging to go inside for hot chocolate and a movie.

4 comments:

Mom B. said...

This doesn't look like Texas to me! I think this year is a fluke, because we are having all the nice weather here.

Love the cute pictures of the girls, especially the last two with their beautiful, bright smiles! Such darling girls!!!

Michelle said...

oh! that one of nicole in her cute red hat. love that.

how weird to have all that snow! our boys would pay to be down there playing in it with you! we've had close to none!

thanks for your sweet comments on my blog, lisa. that niccoli cracks me up!!

tia said...

Great pictures! So glad you're having fun in the snow. I think it's been a weird winter everywhere--some places with record snows and other places with nary a flake.
With all the snow I got, I never did try to make my own snowman. It's not so fun all by yourself. I did make a snow angel, though. Have your girls tried that?

Papa said...

Great photos of some really red little noses. I instantly added one of the photos as my new desktop background. Love the frequent blog updates. We would have to make a "rainman" here this winter - not too sure how to do that - guess carry it inside and freeze it first. Maybe I will try that and send you the results - but definitely not as much fun as building a snowman.