Monday, May 03, 2010

Writing Conference in Horseshoe Bay

Last week, we attended a writing conference in Horseshoe Bay. It was sponsored by the grant I’m working for, which equated to an all-expenses-paid vacation…for the girls. I also had a lot of fun. We had 4 faculty members from different universities (University of Minnesota, East Carolina University, University of Central Florida, and Texas Tech), as well as myself and another student I work with. It was an awesome experience to work with these guys, brainstorm about marriage education, and crank out 3 publications over the course of a few days. Although we worked hard, we also played hard. The girls had a blast swimming, playing in the sand, seeing exotic birds, etc. Here are some shots of the girls.





Lisa will probably kill me when she sees I posted this one, but I can't help it...she's hot!




This is a salt water pool.


I thought this hot tub was AWESOME!


Another one of the pools at night.

The drive home was also quite amazing. We learned all about Texas wildflowers. Here are some pictures of the drive home.














7 comments:

Papa said...

Wow - your photos just get better and better. The girls are so precious, and are looking so grown up. Yes, Lisa looks hot - although as a Dad it is hard to say that ;o). I am so happy you had the experience Matt - and that Lisa and the girls could join you for part of the time. We miss you all so much!!!

Kristie said...

Your girls, all 3 of them, are adorable! And the wildflowers, they are so pretty. The pictures are so pretty. Thanks for sharing.

Mom B. said...

Wow, what a great experience for all of you. You Matt, to get to work with all the other's at the conference and have your family with you, and the girls to get a fun family vacation for free!!! Looks like a great place to stay, and the flowers are so beautiful! Give the girls kisses from grandma!

Megan said...

wow, that place looks amazing! I bet you guys really enjoyed yourselves! That hot tub is ridiculous! Those flowers are so pretty and so are your girls! Love the first two shots!

tia said...

I love the photos! I'm glad you all had a great time.

Becca said...

great pictures!

Michelle said...

way to crank out 3 pubs! that is amazing, matt!!

and oh my, those pictures are AMAZING. so, so beautiful - the girls AND the flowers!