Here she is in her first day outfit (that she got to pick out):

Since her Grandma Brown was here, she even got her favorite hairdo (a braid):

Vanessa's new class, and her new teacher, Mrs. Marcum. We were lucky to get to have Vanessa in the one half-day kindergarten in the area (most are full-day), which also was her school from last year. We love St. Lukes!
Vanessa had an awesome first day and was not really shy or nervous (like she was afraid she'd be). There's 14 kids in her "lion" class, including her, and the majority are boys. She also has two friends in her class she knew before school. She loves showing us what she did each day, and now has a new interest in recognizing and learning to read words. She's so happy!Here's to an exciting new school year!
7 comments:
She looks so grown up! I'm so glad Vanessa is enjoying school and I'm sure she's loving all the social interaction it provides. Thanks for posting!
I agree with Tia, Vanessa is looking quite grown up. Her hair in the French braids is very cute. Thanks for another great post (you just need to work on getting your photos to be "clickable" ;o)
I am very proud of Vanessa. She is very grown up. What Lisa didn't tell you is that Vanessa usually wakes up on her own. She needs help with breakfast but knows just what she wants to eat. She picks out her own clothes and gets dressed, goes potty and brushes her teeth. This helps Matt & Lisa so Lisa can feed Natalie and Matt can take care of Nicole before leaving for school himself.
I had so much fun helping do her hair on her first day of school! She is quite the social butterfly, and I know she loves getting to see her friends everyday!
Can't wait to see all of you again soon, and see how much Natalie has changed.
I'm sure you were so proud. She's such a cutie. I'm nervous for that day next year. Hopefully Sam will do fine and I will be a mess :)
I too am glad I got to be a part of this 'routine' while I was there to visit. She is always so happy at the end of school!
so exciting! She looks so cute and grown up! I can't believe she's in kindergarten already! I'm so glad you got her in a half day class, it makes me so sad that more and more there is full day kindergarten!
Post a Comment