
You can see that now her feet aren't turned in so far and her arch is lower. Here is a picture of our doctor, Dr. Stotts, working his magic.
We didn't end up signing or drawing anything on Nicole's first casts, so we have been trying to make up for it with this set.
Nicole has been an amazing baby throughout this whole process. She did have a little more difficult time as they put her casts on, but after the initial discomfort wears off (about 24 hrs), she returns to her little, peaceful self again. We are so grateful to have her in our family.Vanessa has also made us very proud lately. She is growing up so fast. Up until about a month ago, she was terrified of slides at the park. However, lately she isn't happy until she gets to go down the biggest slides at the park all by herself. Here is a picture of her ready to go.
She has also started to kind of roll her eyes at us. It is really cute now, but I can see it not being so funny later.
And finally, we planted some stuff in our flower bed/garden. As an early birthday present, we took Lisa to Home Depot and let her pick out a bunch of flowers and vegetable seeds. I wish we would have taken a picture from when we moved in, because the before picture I have now is still 100 times better than it looked at first. Anyway, here is our progress.


Although it took us until 12:30 am to finish, we are very happy with our work. It will be really fun to grow some veggies too, especially my jalapeno plant!!And lest we forget to recognize the woman responsible for all our clean clothes, clean dishes, rock-free soil, happy daughters, and our sanity, here is a picture of Mama (Lisa's mom) with the girls.
10 comments:
Wow! Great landscaping! Looks like you have a nice variety of flowers--it should be really beautiful when they've had a chance to grow.
Glad to hear Nicole's treatment is going well; thanks for keeping us updated. I love and miss all of you!
Love, Angelene
Wow! What an incredible change in our sweet little Nicole! The body and modern day medical advances are so mind boggling to me! Miracles, I say, MIRACLES! Vanessie is a total doll, as usual!
Cute update guys!!! Your family is just too cute for words!!! And Lisa...your flowers are beautiful...and will be even more when they all grow bigger!!! Glad to see Nicole's progress...you guys are great!!
-Becki :)
I am amazed at how different her feet already look! She is so sweet...love the little duck dress! Vanessa is just cute as a button as always :) I can't believe ya'll have been able to do such beautiful work in your yard...I decided to wait til the twins are a little older before I attempt to do anything in our yard.
I'm so glad that the casting is going well. Your garden looks great! I can't wait to get there and meet Nicole, see your new house and give Vanessa a big hug and kiss! See you on Wednesday!
It is amazing to see the change in Nicole's legs in just one week! Wow! Aren't we so blessed to live in America?! Your new place looks cute. I am looking forward to seeing you guys in July. :)
That really is amazing how quickly Nicole's condition is improving! She is adorable - can't wait to give her loves.
Vanessa, maybe you can teach your big cousin Parker to not be afraid of slides.
Lisa - I'm excited to see your garden in person! How cool that you have dirt to dig in!
Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!
Matt - Do you remember me? Anjuli Burton I got your blog off the lacey blog page and just wanted to say hi and that you guys are amazing!! Your daughters are very cute!!! I have 2 boys one is 3 1/2 and the other 2. Take care of yourself and your sweet girls.
Check out my blog sometime!!!!
hey - i just noticed your blog title change! sweet!
Wow! So much improvement already! I've talked to several people that had the same treatment. One of my patients that had it went on to try out for the Olympics. It's amazing what they are able to do to correct it. Happy belated Birthday Lisa!
Love,
Patti & family
Post a Comment