Since we've almost consistently had weather in the 100's, here's a couple of ways we've found to cool off...
And the tub!
Nicole has developed some trademark habits. She loves putting her hands on her head: playing with her hair, covering her face, trying to find her thumb.
She also loves to smile, particularly after a meal or diaper change, and especially after both. The past few days, she has been cooing a lot, too. I have it on mpeg, but you'll have to wait until I get Matt's help on that.
Nicole handles her casting well, and Thursday we hope to learn just how many casts she may have left (likely no more than 2 after these). She is such a sweet baby and I can't wait to see her cute feet!
Vanessa is as lively as ever. She is also full of smiles, but they usually disappear as soon as the camera comes out. Here's is a shot I was lucky to get. In case you can't tell, that's a burp cloth she's wrapped Marie in. Naturally, she prefers those to the blankets I leave out for her!
Vanessa's activities are better shown on video clips, so stay tuned. She loves to sing songs and has so many expressions. She is a joy, even though she is very determined to be a true two-year-old. Lately, instead of her favorite, "No," she has started saying, "Not today!"
Lastly, Matt and I have been doing well, but have managed to pack our schedules quite full. I am even getting a new calling (I'm not official, yet, so I'm not saying what). We're thinking Matt's won't be far behind.
Being the hard worker that he is, and the ever thoughtful husband , Matt made time to set up my new "home office" (left above) so I can keep track of our insurance bills and other paperwork, and someday my other projects. He also got his desk a little more set up (right above), and swears that he is happy with the smaller desk...that no longer faces the window since mine is so huge. I love you, Sweetie!
3 comments:
Your girls are so dang cute!! So glad we've become better friends!!! Just remember I'm still here if you need help with anything!!
-Becki :)
Such cute pictures of the girls! Nicole is really looking older, but then I guess she is getting older, huh? I'm glad you are finding ways to stay cool. We had a couple of really hot days here (close to 100 degrees), but I was lucky enough to be staying with Mollie during her recovery and they have AC!!! Give our sweeties hugs and kisses from us.
Oh, I miss those girls! They are just so sweet and so adorable!!! I like the inovative ways you have come up with to keep cool! Let us know as soon as you can about your new calling!
Post a Comment