Friday, July 20, 2007

Surgery

So, you know how I said Nicole was pulling her toes back? She did it again! Perhaps all those smiles yesterday were because she was trying to work her way free! Well, we hit the road again today for Primary's so Dr. Stotts could decide the next course of action.

Well, he took the cast off...and kept it off, at least until her surgery next week. That's right, surgery! Nicole's feet are so short that it's difficult to keep the cast on, and since her right heel is too verticle, the best thing at this point is to clip the tendon in her heel (different from her Achille's clipped before). Dr. Stotts was even good enough to get a second opinion from another doctor who regularly treats club feet and she agreed. This means Nicole will need general anesthesia. It's a bit of a scary thought for such a little baby to go through, but the anesthesiologists there work only on children and are well-trained. The upside is, while she's under, they should get a great stretch and will not only operate on the one foot, but recast both, and she won't remember any of it.

So until next Wednesday, our Nicole is "foot-loose" (at least on one side). Please continue to pray in her behalf that this procedure will take and all will go well.

4 comments:

Mom B. said...

Like I said earlier today on the phone, I'm so grateful that our little sweetie is in such good hands at Primary's! I know that is why things have worked out for you to stay in Utah for now. Heavenly Father knew that the best doctors for her were right there! Hope she enjoyed her bath!

Mollie said...

We love you guys! Klare was put under last year...not quite as young as Nicole, but you are so right those doctors are so well trained in their specialty! We will definately pray for our sweet little Nicole! We can't wait to finally see her next month!

Michelle said...

we'll be praying for you as well!

Megan said...

It's so nice that you have such great doctors to work with. I'm glad Nicole is "foot loose" for a little bit anyway! I hope all goes well with the sugery. You are in our prayers!