Yes, we have resurfaced from the blackhole of no posts. Life has been busy lately...some tough stuff, but mostly having fun. Because so much has gone on in the past month, I decided to do a picture slideshow. I had way too many pictures I wanted to share, and although I weeded some out, it's still a lot. (Click on the button in the lower right-hand corner...it will show the full pictures better).
We got back a week ago from our two-week road trip to the Northwest. We got to make several stops, see lots of family and do a lot of fun things. Here are a few highlights:
*Oxford Suites in Boise. I highly recommend!
*We got to see baby Joshua, grandkid #11 on my side
*Matt finally saw Silver Fall State Park
*Nicole shredded her carseat with her casts
*We had 2 anniversary dinners while our parents babysat! Old Europe Inn in Salem, and Budd Bay Cafe in Olympia. Both were expensive, but well worth the experience!
*I finally eperience my first Mariners' game. Vanessa kept saying, "Yay baseball guys!"
*We got to see a lot of family. Vanessa is still requesting people by name, hoping someone can come over and play.
*We saw Taylor and his family
*We spent a whole day in Rexburg: sand dunes, campus, and Craigo's. It actually was a lot of fun!
*Nicole learned to like the car!
There were so many fun things we did, and it was so nice to hang out with everyone again. It was amazing how fast the time went by.
NOW FOR THE NICOLE UPDATE
As we headed home the last day, we went to Nicole's appointment at Primary's, where she actually got her last set of casts off. Yay!!!! She was given the standard Denis-Browne braces to wear while we waited for her custom Mitchell braces to arrive.
So...true to form, Nicole managed to slip out of those braces. We tried many time to get them on right so that they'd stay put, with Nicole crying, and sometimes us crying as well, with no great results. We finally reached a point where we left them off and just stretched her feet like crazy, praying hard that the custom brace would come soon, and that it would be more effective and easier to use.
The good news? Nicole's braces came Thursday, and they are so much easier to use! She stays put better, doesn't cry as much, and we no longer feel so stressed. I have now doubt that prayers from our family and our ward were answered, and I think that is why the braces cames so fast. Now we just have to do the work!
P.S. Matt, our resident scholar, just started his Master's program this week. Yay!

8 comments:
Lisa,
Thank you, thank you for updating your blog! The pictures make it easier to be far from all of you, especially since I missed seeing you in Salem. I love you all!
Love, Angelene
oh! what a great and much anticipated post! the pictures are so great - each one is priceless, really. i can't believe how much nicole's feet have improved! it's astounding! and i am SO glad that the braces are working so much better for her this time. vanessa is just darling, as usual...matt, sweeeet gotee and congrats on starting school! and lisa, congrats on keeping it all running! you're amazing! love you guys!!
We sure do miss you guys! I love all the pictures! The change in Nicole's feet is nothing less than miraculous! Glad to hear that all is improving!
Holy cow!! You're home!! WOO HOO!!! Thanks for the cute blog and update...glad things are going better with Nicole...hope we'll be able to plan something soon and hang out maybe??? Even with Matt & Ryan in school...maybe just the girls and Klous will have to do something?? Zack keeps asking for "nessa" too!!
-Becki :)
YAY! I have been waiting for an update! I love all the pictures! Especially the one with Vanessa in glasses! What is up with Matt's scruff?? Is he going for his "Bob" look again? Just kidding! I can't believe how much better Nicoles feet look! It's nice to see pictures of them, baby feet are my favorite and I'm glad her's are finally free from casts! I love how happy she looks in all the pictures, what a cute baby! I'm glad you enjoyed your trip and all is well! Congrats on starting school Matt! We love you guys! Give the girls big hugs and kisses from us!
It was so fun to have you all here! Even though the time was short, I think we made the most of it. I'm so happy that you were able to get away and have a break. We sure do miss you guys, give the girls hugs and kisses from us!
Lis...your girls are so cute. I loved the slideshow. I'm glad Nicole's feet are getting better. That's great! Vanessa looks like such a good big sis too!
Post a Comment