Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Vanessa-isms


While sitting on the potty (for a long time)


Matt: Vanessa, do you really have to go?


Vanessa: Um, no....I just want chocolate.


The other night, in the middle of the night (I hate turning the clock back), she had to go potty. While I was lowering her to the toilet, I decided to let one fly, since we were in the bathroom.


Vanessa: Daddy, what's that hmell (smell)?


Matt: I don't know (it was pretty bad)


Vanessa: It's a kunk (skunk)!


Tonight while I was in the office studying, I heard a little tap at the door, followed by a "Hey Daddy, you in dere?" Of course I couldn't resist opening the door. She has been told many times that I need time to study, so everytime she comes in she feels like she has to have a good reason..although most of the time she can't come up with one. Here was her attempt.


Vanessa: I just...Stawberry Shortcake...um...you working...um....can I come on in?


Matt: Only if I get a hug (she gave me a big hug)


Vanessa: Daddy, you doing okay?


I also have to share that when I got home today, the girls had gone for a walk. I called Lisa and she said they were not too far from home and would be home soon. I kept peeking out the window, going outside to see if they were coming, and called Lisa a few times to see how much longer they would be gone. I was so excited to see them that I just decided I would start walking to find them. When I spotted them, Vanessa came running towards me, Nicole started kicking her legs and smiling, and Lisa gave me her beautiful "it's good to see you" smile. I love coming home to my girls...they make my day every day!

9 comments:

Papa said...

Hi Guys,

OK, what's with the puppy? Reminds me of the time Al Gore was upstairs in the White House and saw Bill Clinton on the lawn throwing a ball to a dog. He thought, "That's strange, I thought that the Clintons were cat people." So he went downstairs and out on the lawn to make his inquiry. He approached Clinton and asked him, "Hey Bill, where'd you get the dog, I thought you were a cat family?" Bill replied, "Oh, I got it for Hillary." Al suddenly exclaimed, "NICE trade!!"

The Jones :) said...

That is so cute Matt!! It's so cute to see how much you appreciate your girls!! I love your anxiousness and excitement to see them!! And can't fail to mention I love Vanessa's comments!! She's too cute!!
-Becki :)

Mom B. said...

It is so fun to read what Vanessa is saying! I especially love the bathroom comment about the skunk! So hilarious!

I'm so glad that you appreciate your family! What else really matters?!?

Michelle said...

geez - way to make me cry! that was so sweet. vanessa could not be more hilarious or cuter. i love the skunk comment!

i experienced something similar when we saw peter waiting for us at the airport just outside of security. parker spotted him, started walking toward him and suddenly broke out in a sprint toward him with his arms wide open to hug his daddy. it was totally a kodak moment, i got all emotional and even the security lady got teary. families are the best!

tia said...

Thanks for sharing! Your posts always make my day. I'm sure Vanessa will someday appreciate the effort you're making to record the funny things she's doing now.
By the way, did they carpet your stairs?

calls2003 said...

vanessa's remarks are hilarious. Lyndsay was reading the blog and just busting up, I was like "what's so funny?"

Mollie said...

All her quotes are hilarious, but for me the chocolate one takes the cake! LOL! So very honest...that is one of the best things about kids!

Megan said...

oh my gosh, what a sweetheart! I love the potty story with the chocolate, too funny, she is definately a girl!!!

BlueAdagio said...

Matt...I must be in a really sappy mood right now but when I read this blog I actually teared up. It makes me soooo happy that you and Lisa are together and that you are turning out one heck of a family. Take care my friends.
Love from Lisa's first roommate :)