Sunday, September 28, 2008
LPA-Utah
Our little family had our very first get-together with members of the Utah chapter of LPA (Little People of America). This is actually our first interaction with other people dealing with dwarfism. It was such a fun experience and everyone was so welcoming and helpful. Both Vanessa and Nicole became instant buddies with everyone (a shocker, I know), and didn't want to leave when it was over. Matt and I also enjoyed getting to know some of the LP's and their families who regularly attend these events and had so much information, understanding, and encouragement to share. We are looking forward to getting to know members of the group better, and attending their upcoming Halloween party.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm glad it went well!
That sounds fun. I bet you both were among the great people/parents there. I love watching Little People Big World on TLC and the LPA conferences for the nation always looked like it benefited the kids a lot.
I am so proud of you both! I'm sure it took lots of courage to attend a meeting where you have no idea what to expect.
I'm so glad that things went well and you were encouraged by the things you learned!
I'm also happy that the girls had such a great time! I'm sure everyone was taken by how cute, smart and outgoing they are! Hugs from Grandma!
Were there a lot of kids there or mostly adults? I know Vanessa and Nicole make friends with all ages.
How cool! I bet you guys will get so much support and information from all those people!
Post a Comment