Nicole's doggy is her cuddle buddy...she doesn't like sleeping without him, although curiously he often ends up covering her face! Sometimes when she wakes up in a cuddly mood (which is fortunately still pretty often), she requests that her "woof woof" stay with her. If you refer to the last post, you might get a sighting of him. He has been her friend through travel and surgery, and receives a lot of hugs for his service.
Although Vanessa loves all her princess stuff, and her thumb is a given, her current favorite is her bright orange fleece blanket she won for dancing with a (guy in a suit) chicken at the Oregon State Fair. When we tried to share it once momentarily, she politely, but firmly, requested it back. She wants to be covered with that blanket in heat or cold. Needless to say, I have to sneak it to the wash!
I lumped Matt's and mine together as they are somewhat shared. For our wedding, my favorite gift was our double pillow-top bed. Although parenthood does not always allow as much sleep as I like, our bed is always a welcome sight at the end of the day (although not usually as neat as pictured here). The hardest part is leaving it!
Technically, there is one other one for Matt that should be pictured...the couch. No, I do not make him sleep there for any reason. He just likes relaxing there after a long day, and there are many times I come down in the morning to find him still there! Poor guy, always so tired!
In case you were wondering, Matt does not sleep with his guitar (although I think he has been accused of it in the past). Recently he has discovered it provides a great bedtime bonding moment for him and the girls. He plays and sings as they (ideally) drift off to sleep. Vanessa's request? "Drops of Rain" (aka "Thank You" by Led Zeppelin). Nicole's? Anything, so long as Daddy plays and sings. Mine? I agree with both Nicole and Vanessa, although I do love the one Matt wrote while we were dating.
5 comments:
What a cool idea for a post! When I was little, the thing I loved the most when I went to bed was to have Papa tuck me in. He could do it so tightly I could barely move. Some nights I even ended up sleeping beside the mattress, but still inside the covers.
Very sweet post! We all have our "comforts" and they sure are nice! It makes the hard times easier to deal with! Give the girls hugs and kisses from Grandma!
Lisa you are very creative in what you use as themes which helps us to appreciate what matters in your lives. Thanks for sharing. Give your adorable girls a hug from grandma.
Yes, Angelene, I remember the first morning I went in and didn't see you in bed. Then I saw the bump on the side of the mattress and realized you had just slipped to the side of the bed. Papa knew how to make the covers very tight.
How cute! I love how Nicolie's just wrapped around her doggy! I'm glad she had something like that to keep her company with all sleeping away from home she's done lately! I love your description of how Vanessa asked for her blanket back, I can totally imagine it!
by the way, I will agree, your guy's bed is by far the most comfortable bed I have EVER slept in! Thanks for lending it to me while I was there visiting! :)
Post a Comment