Needless to say, after I watched our car drive away Friday night, I realized we had no car. It's sounds kinda dumb, but it didn't really hit me until just then. The crappy part was that I had already realized (thanks to multiple syllabi, invitations to work on research projects, and a growing client load) that I would have little time to find us a new car. So I got on the horn and tried to figure out what our best option would be. After many phone calls and a trip back to the dealer where we bought the Accord, this is what we got.
Lisa's smiling face behind the wheel says it all! We are very happy with the van. After we were all done with the paperwork, we stopped by our friend's house to return the car they let us borrow. It was fun to see Lisa and Christine (my friend Ryan's wife) come back after they went for a spin. I know it will give Lisa a lot more opportunities to get out and do stuff with friends (much needed activities right now).
Nicole hasn't said much about the new van, but Vanessa calls it her "coach" (she's Cinderella...just ask her, she'll tell you). She asked where the horsies were, and I told her it had 244 horsies under the hood.
I have to admit, when I was driving it home all by myself, I felt a little less than manly. But once I picked up the girls and we went cruising as a family, I felt like a real man!
11 comments:
no way! that is soooo exciting!! hooray for you guys. i am so glad that all worked out so well for you (gives us hope!)...
looks like it's going to be a family trend to get the odyssey...may the day swiftly come that we can join your club :)
You failed to mention - New or Used? Beautiful though, like the silver color. Did Vanessa get her package?
Yes, she got it and was so excited, Nicole too! I'm sorry I spaced it and haven't called you back. As you can tell it's been a bit of a whirlwind lately. Thank you for all their fun gifts, they have been just happily playing away (and I'm getting more of a break because of it).
Oh and the car: a 2008. We did another lease and after all Matt's fanagling (sp?) we are paying a little less a month than before, and will still be in a good spot once the lease is up!
Wowzers...you're a REAL MOMMY & DADDY now!!! Just kidding!! Looks like a nice van...and maybe we'll all have to go for a ride in it ;)...doesn't look/sound like your plan though for when you sold your car!! Glad things worked out for you...wish we had something new like that!! Would be nice to have more room!! We REALLY need to get together!!! Sorry we didn't get back to you about Friday night...we just had a family night!!! Let us know when you're free!!!
-Becki :)
WOO-HOO!!! Welcome to transportation heaven...with kid's anyway! Camping, moving furniture, being able to have one adult climb around the vehicle while the other one drives safely down the freeway....beautiful. We are SO happy for you!!!
What a beauty! I'm glad that it worked out for you guys. It will make things so much easier for travel etc.
Lisa looks so excited! It is so fun to drive a car you love. I know the feeling, I've had it for the last six years! I just hope I can find one I love as much as my Intrepid!
OOOOOHHHHH BABY! That is nice! I'm so glad the accord sold so quickly, what a relief!
Matt, love the last line of your post!
Congratulations! When you said you were going to get a van, I didn't realize it was going to be so soon! Life is so much easier in a van--you can get to the kids better and you are higher up so you can see better. It looks really nice. Enjoy. Glad to hear you were able to keep your payments reasonable.
So, I was thinking.... I am dying to either be a passenger or drive that bad boy... so when we go organize the RS closet, I say we put all of us in your van and take it up to the church... I am excited already!
So very nice! I am so jealous! I love the Honda van. What a nice surprise. You are lucky family!
Hey Congrats on the Honda Odyssey!!! Love it! Too bad we don't still live there... we could've been twins! Well, not really I guess... yours is newer... but same van! :) I'm glad you were able to get something bigger for your family... it's amazing how quickly you adjust to more room. Even in a car.
Post a Comment