Well, we are three for three! We had the ultrasound, and before the sonographer confirmed, we could tell it was a girl. Guess I can go buy one of those cute newborn sundresses now! Vanessa and Nicole are very excited to get a little sister. Their name picks (currently): "McKenna" (Vanessa's choice) and "Sara" (Nicole's choice...which I forgot to mention is what she named her CPAP mask and just about any girl doll).
Here's our little peanut, with her (left) hand by her face. I think the odd-shaped thing in the foreground is part of the placenta. She looks like she's snuggling. (Oh and yes, some of these are the 4D shots. Nice to get them for free!)

Some of the face is clouded in this one, but you can see her hands quite clearly.
Another good face shot. Any ideas on who she looks like?

The telling shot.

Her profile. I love her little nose.

And her tiny foot. At one point you could see both, but she decided to move around.

Now we just need a name. Picking a girl name the first time was hard, and it hasn't gotten easier. Any suggestions?
16 comments:
oh YAY!!! i knew you were finding out sometime soon here...how fun for vanessa & nicole to have a baby sister! she is a babe, i can tell already!
and i'm so glad niccoli is getting her much-needed good sleep! hooray for CPAP!
She looks adorable! Thanks for posting those amazing pictures. Modern technology is wonderful, you get to meet her long before she is born!
Congratulations!Great ultrasounds of a beautiful baby. Now you can have a TV Show, "My 3 Daughters" - gotta be better than "My 3 Sons" right? Thank you for sharing your wonderful news. Girls names, eh? I'll have to work on that one.
They provided the Afghan hospitals with brand new 4-D ultrasound equipment, but no one trained to use them or repair them. Put them in hospitals where there are only men soldiers. I just hope someday they get to use them for the intended purpose. Health care in Afghanistan is in a word, horrid.
Congratulations!
Good luck on picking a name. I think that is why we are stopping at two. We would have a hard time picking another name. It is hard to agree on one!
Bailey would be my choice. Or Ellie. If you wanted someone elses opinion. :)
oh yes, as far as names go...you can name her charlotte for me, for the girl i never had :)
Yay for your family! Those 3d or 4d shots were amazing! Really clear. Sometimes even with those I can't tell what I am looking at. Are you going to put any belly shots up?!
She's absolutely adorable! She'll help even out the numbers between nieces and nephews. If I think of any good names I'll pass them along.
YAY!!!! I'm so excited for you guys, she looks absolutely adorable! I can't wait to meet her! I feel so lucky to live closer to you! Vanessa and Nicole are going to have a hay-day playing with a baby sister!!! My two name suggestions are Ellie and Olivia. I have been loving both those names lately!
Still working on the names. But she is a cutie. She kinda looks like Nicole to me, at least what I can see of the mouth. It'll be great to meet her! I'm so excited for you guys!
She is a cutie for sure. I was just thinking that as much as Nicole likes baby, it will be good if the baby doesn't grow up too fast. Thanks for the 3-D shots--they are amazing. Will get back to you on names.
Congratulations Matt and Lisa! Amazing 4D shots. That is so cool. I've seen a lot of ultrasounds including of my own heart and they always seem hard to figure out without the technician pointing things out to me, but those images are amazing. 3 Princesses, what pink fun you will have. As far as a name goes, I can't make any suggestions, but you should as my girls. They had TONS of names picked out for Julia.
Wow another girl! That's great news! Picking girl names is definitely harder than boy names. I had a hard time, but Rob finally chose Ada.
Sarah McKenna!! :)
Congrats! I love the pictures!! Too cool!
Girls are the greatest joy in life.( I can say that because I only have girls!) I am so excited to hear of the new addition. She is BEAUTIFUL.
Philippians 2:13
It is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.
Love you lots.
Aunt Kathy
p.s. Emily says "HI"
How cute! Hard to tell who she looks like, but I am leaning towards Nicole, though that could be because I don't remember Vanessa as well when she was little. As for a name, I like Zaporah ... you know Moses' wife. Another one I liked was Safronia (calling her "Sofie") ... Joseph Smith's sister. Or Sadie, though I never could have used that one as Aaron's cousin named her daughter that & it started becoming too 'common' for me. Aaron always liked the name Zenna. I suppose I could go through the family history and see what other family names might be good candidates. I am sure you will come up with the right name eventually! :)
I told you my girls would come through for you: They are unanimous that "Daisy Lullaby" should be her name. Your search for a name has ended.
Love,
Ashley and Katie
Post a Comment