Nicole:
*Only 6 more weeks of wearing braces all the time...she'll then only wear them for sleep!
*Rolls over from back to tummy! It's not an automatic success every time, but even attempts are cute.
*Has figured out how to wiggle and kick to turn in a circle or move a few feet. It takes her a while, but she's pretty pleased with her efforts.
*Sleeping better through the night...She goes to bed around the same time as Vanessa, and only wakes up twice! Yay!
Vanessa:
*Trying (and succeeding) in pooping and peeing in the potty when she recognizes it...she likes to be alone when she does it. Ariel panties and chocolate are good incentives. The test? Is Mommy ready for full-time potty-training?!
*Big helper around the house. She "set" the table the other day, and regularly helps me change and burp Nicole, as well as helps with laundry. Don't worry, I'm not running a sweatshop!
*Starting to learn letters. We went to the library, and she found an "F" on the floor, picked it up and said, "It's an 'F'." The funny thing is, I haven't really been teaching her!
Other good news:
Matt and I are getting more quality hang-out time, and I think we're addicted! We don't always actually do anything, but even that's fun!
Stayed tuned for pictures...
7 comments:
Your girls are growing up so fast!
Good luck with the potty-training! Let me know how it goes!
I'm so glad Nicole will get a break from those braces soon, I hear it is in LARGE part to her diligent mommy stretching her feet!
Vanessa is such a smarty pants! I can't believe she is just picking up on that kind of stuff all by herself! Oh, I just love her!!! That's exciting she is using the potty, and hilarious she likes her privacy!
So glad you and Matt are getting some quality hang out time, you guys SO deserve it!!!
Fun Stuff! It is so funny to hear the things your girls are doing. Today Ashley and Katie kept asking what letter makes the "pa pa pa" sound or "ta ta ta" sound, but I'm really impressed that Vanessa knew what an "F" was by sight. It's too bad we haven't had time to get our girls together.
I don't know if there is anything more frustrating than potty training, but sometimes it just happens. Ashley and Katie want company in the bathroom. I just figured it was one of those girl things. We were just talking today about whether we thought it was time to get serious about potty training Katie. Naked time worked for Ashley. May the force be with you.
I'm so glad to hear everyone is doing so great! An incentive for mommy on the potty training:
less diapers = more money = more baby sitters = more mommy/daddy hang out time! Woo hoo!
I am glad that I came across your blog! Matt's pee-wee story gave me a good laugh that was much needed this evening! Thanks!:)
those are things to celebrate! hope you found trolley square the other day....
Wow, the girls are sure growing up and doing lots of exciting new things! It's always fun to see them learn new things. I'm sure glad that you and Matt are having some "alone" time. That is always hard with little ones around!
Post a Comment