Sunday, October 07, 2007

While our guy is away, we girls will play...

Last night I decided to create a new General Conference* tradition. Since 3/4 of our family has a few hours to hang out while Matt is at Priesthood session and eating ice cream with mission buddies, I decided the girls and I should have a "Girls Only Party." I decided the main idea of our party is just to have fun doing things girls like to do! This is what our evening consisted of:
+dress-up (like princesses of course)
+balloons
+popcorn
+chocolate (a must)
+chick movies (in this case, our favorite clips from the princess movies)
+silly dancing (with and without balloons)
+comfy pajamas
+make-up
+story-time
+freedom from braces (just a short while)
+lots of giggling
+fun mommy-daughter time

Check out a few of our picture (forgive my photography skills...I was having too much fun to stay behind the camera long):

The three musketeers!


Dancing and kicking balloons...Vanessa had so much fun, I couldn't get a good still shot! Nicole even got to kick a few!

Check out my foot-loose cutie!
Post make-up...it was a quick makeover job. I know my expression is quite embarassing, but Vanessa's look was too cute not to share...I couldn't get her to look at the camera!

I can't wait for the next Conference!

*For those who aren't familiar, General Conference is a bi-yearly conference for all members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints around the world (and really for any non-members who care to attend/watch). It is held in Salt Lake City, Utah (Church headquarters), but is broadcast worldwide. We get to hear from our beloved prophet, President Hinckley, and other leaders, and they encourage us to become better people and to pattern our lives after Jesus Christ in all we do. There are 4 general sessions (2 on Saturday, and 2 on Sunday), and then there is a Priesthood session Saturday evening (for all males 12 and up), as well as a yearly Relief Society session (women 18 and up), and a yearly Young Women session (women 12-18, their leaders, and their mothers). These other sessions simply address topics similar to the general sessions, but are tailored to the specific groups and their needs and responsibilities.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that idea Lisa!! I wish I had my sis here to have girls night like that!! it was just me and the parentals this weekend...maybe I could join you next year?? love the pictures my the way...sooooo cute!! :P

Michelle said...

okay, that is a DARLING tradition! those pictures are priceless, especially the one of the three of you together and the makeover one! i'm so glad you had such a fun girls' night in.

The Jones :) said...

LOL!!! I love the pictures Lisa!! Looks like you and your girls had a good time!!! You're so cute and creative with your girls...I love it!!
-Becki :)

Megan said...

Oh my gosh, Lisa! What a fun Mommy you are! I love that idea! I absolutely love the picture of you and Vanessa! Too cute!

Mollie said...

You are such a great mom!!! Looks like the girls had a blast...love all the fun pics! The bonus to having so much fun...everyone forgot to miss daddy! Great traditon!

Becky J. said...

That is such a great idea and tradition to start! We always do something with just the girls, too, but I look forward to it being me and Sophie and whatever other girls come to our family. Fun fun!

christine said...

looks fun!

Mom B. said...

Cute pictures of such cute girls! I'm glad you were able to have so much fun while daddy was away having fun too! I love the picture of you and Vanessa and it is fun to see Nicole without her brace! We sure do miss our little sweeties!

Chelsey said...

I should take after you. We sat around and were lazy while our man was away, but we didn't party like you guys. Looks fun.

Jon Becca James said...

Lisa! Matt! It's so good to see what you guys are up to! Wow, Vanessa sure has grown... and you have another girl! Has that much time passed already? Weren't we just in the 99th ward together? I guess time really has flown. We have a nine-month-old son, James. Check out our family at jonandrebeccacox.blogspot.com

We love you guys!
Becca Cox (Jon will be excited when I tell him I found your blog; you can thank Matt's sister Megan for that!:)

Jana said...

I did something similar with my new-found friend and her girls. Seems like you had just as much fun as us...except that I had to have soy ice cream, that sort of put a damper on things! I love to see your pictures!

tia said...

Lisa,
What great pictures! I always enjoy visiting your blog and seeing photos of the cutest brunette nieces ever! Both you and Matt have such a flair for putting your personalities into words that I feel closer just by reading. Keep it up. I love you all!
Love, Angelene

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how much Vanessa looks like you, Lisa! Adorable.