Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Pirate Guy

Tonight we went to Heber to a restaurant I have heard about many times: Dairy Keen! They have a train theme (as you can see from the picture) and a lot of people have told me it is fun for kids. They have a train that runs throughout the restaurant, and little tables with trains and legos for kids to play with. Vanessa wasted no time securing the train table and was having a blast. Then, some older boys came up wearing pirate hats, eye patches, and little foam swords (that was the toy that came with the kids meal). Anyway, one of them tried to squeeze past Vanessa and pinned her against the wall. This is the conversation that followed:

Vanessa (running up to us crying): I'm scared of the pirate guy

Lisa: I'm sorry. Here, let's put on your pirate stuff.

Vanessa (now fully cloaked in buccaneer attire): I'm going to be Skeletor to everyone!

She returned to the table with new found valor and regained her prized booty.

4 comments:

The Jones :) said...

That is too cute and funny!! Glad you were able to find "something" to do even though we were busy ;)...we need to get together again!!!
-Becki :)

Mom B. said...

I am laughing so hard! I can just hear her sweet little voice saying "I'm going to be Skeletor to everyone!" I see that she has her dad's taste in cartoons!

I'm glad you were able to get out and have some fun, it looks like a great place for kids!

Michelle said...

HA! way to get 'em, me hardy! she is so hilarious. i love that she loves he-man - we still need to invest in those dvds for our boys.

that place looks so cool! it must be newly remodeled...i only remember thinking the heber dairy keen looked a little ghetto in past years.

Jeanette said...

Very cute! What does "Skeletor" mean?