Wednesday, February 20, 2008

On Strike

I have decided that after all the snow, sickness, and general blah we have experienced this winter that I am going on strike! No more winter! No more snot! No more puking up what we've got!

While we don't have anything severe (thank goodness), it just seems like perpetual sickness at our house! This isn't to say that we should be pitied. I know many of you out there are feeling the same way. It seems everyone I talk to is experiencing the same (or, unfortunately, even worse). Yuck...I'm sorry, folks! That's why I'm on strike!

(Nicole's snotty smile...poor girl...at least she still smiles!)

(Vanessa, who has generally been doing better, passed out this morning...a sure sign of not feeling good. At least she got all her ducks in a row first!)


Even on days when you feel better, there's still cabin fever to contend with. This is how we have dealt with it:

14 comments:

Papa said...

Thanks for this wonderful post. In the video, Nicole's little arms are flapping so fast she looks like a little humming bird, and a couple of times she looks like she almost takes off. Glad Vanessa can get her ducks in a row before she nods off - how precious! We love and miss you all.

The Jones :) said...

That is a GOOD post Lisa!! I agree...I'm so sick of all of this!! I just want WARM weather!! Klous & I played outside this morning, and it was nice...just if it was a little warmer...and there wasn't so much MUD everywhere!! Hope you guys are feeling better...we should get together this weekend!! :)
-Becki :)

Anonymous said...

Haha...love how paper can be so much fun!! ok so I had a random thought or rather question...what IS a gringo?
~Bean

Michelle said...

oh, sister! i could not echo your sentiments with a louder voice! we are in the EXACT same boat - incessantly sick children, a dread for the daily blast of winter weather, a major lack of vitamin D for lack of sunlight...i could go on! wherefore art thou, spring???

i LOVE your remedy - we are going to try that one when daddy comes home today! vanessa looks so cute sleeping!

tia said...

Love the ducks in a row--if only it were that easy for the more figurative "ducks." ;) The video demonstrates the best use I've ever seen for those pesky ads.
I hear you about winter. We had 73-degree weather on Monday, but today it snowed! No wonder everyone gets sick this time of year. Thanks for brightening my day.

Delee said...

I found your blog again so you can ignore the email :)
I feel so bad for you! I've been hearing about your horrible winter weather, I can't say I miss that part of Utah. You should just fly to visit me! We've been in the
50's and 60's on and off. Too bad it costs an arm and a leg! Hang in there! I'll pray for spring to come soon!

Mom B. said...

I'm sorry everyone has been so sick! It is crazy! All of my grandkids are now or have been really sick lately. I'm just glad it didn't happen over Christmas, my prayers were answered!

I sure hope it warms up soon, and maybe the germs will all go away!

I love the pictures and the video is adorable. Kids just love to make noise!

Jeffrey Root said...

You are so lucky to have kids. My wife and I are too scared of them. Maybe that's why we were put in the nursery. Give us another 5 years and I'm sure something will happen.

Jill Hunt said...

I am so with you on that too. Right now in our home my kids are fighting Strep throat. I am so ready for Spring! I hope you guys are doing better!

Mollie said...

Sadly, we are the same here. We had one healthy day yesterday and it was AWESOME! Today, I have a fever again...here we go again. Like you said, though, things can ALWAYS be worse. ;)

Jocelyn said...

Ugh! I know how you feel. Eleanor has been sick every other week, it seems. We got rid of one snotty cold last week, and this week, Grant has a cold and she got a stomache bug. Yay, puke! (dripping sarcasm) I'm ready to go on strike with you! At least here in Oregon, we've had some sunny days for when we're feeling good.

Mama said...

Watching this video would brighten anyone's day--even in nicer weather. Sorry there has been so much sickness, but hope all will be well soon. Nicole and Vanessa are such special girls--I really miss them. Give them a hug and kiss from grandma.

Anonymous said...

I agree! It is still pretty cold here but the sun came out today -- gorgeous. Tulips are even peeking out of the ground. I'm going to have a hard time leaving here. Hope spring comes soon for you! I hope everyone is feeling better.

Megan said...

being sick is the worst! I hope you guys get better soon and more importantly stay that way! Love the video, I love how Nicole participates, so cute!