So, we've had an interesting morning. It started off with Vanessa peeing on the floor not long after her bath. She's been potty training with panties (oh, sorry, Matt prefers "underwear." I think the other term embarrasses him). She has actually been doing extremely well so far. Well, against my better judgement, I put pants on her. Sure enough, it made her forget she wasn't wearing a diaper and she peed. So we hunted out where she was when it happened (that's the trickiest part), and started cleaning up.
As I was in the middle of cleaning, Vanessa came running over, slipped on the cleaning solution I had just put on the floor and started crying. I scooped her up, then Matt wanted to hold her so I had just passed her off....when she puked over both of them. Matt went running to the sink with her, unknowingly leaving a trail. So I started cleaning that up and took Vanessa up for the second bath of the day when...
Nicole woke up (in our bed since we both passed at the last feeding of the night) with poop all over her and our sheets! So we gave two girls a bath. After that Vanessa just wanted to watch movies. I used that time to feed and dress Nicole, then attempted to start stain-treating when...
Vanessa threw up a second time. She was feeling a little better and had been entertaining Nicole. Suddenly she started crying, so I look over to see her covered in puke. My second glance was over to Nicole. She was spared, thankfully, but we did dispose of a toy! I cleaned Vanessa again and covered the couch so she could lay down and told her to stay put! (I tried to hold her, but she didn't seem to want that as much today).
Thankfully, both girls are napping now, and Matt helped with most the chaos before he had to study. I just hope the afternoon goes better!
5 comments:
Whoa Mamma! What a hectic morning! Congratulations on the potty training though!!! Way to go Vanessa!!! I hope your afternoon was a little more dry!
Oh sad Lisa...hope they're doing alright now?!? Vanessa catch a flu bug or what?!?! Poor thing...and poor you & Matt too :(....hope you are all doing better, and that the afternoon/evening was alright!?!?! No pictures of all the episodes though :) Just kidding!! :)
-Becki :)
Just a few reasons I am happy to be a grandpa. I recall those days, and so happy you are now enjoying them instead of us. This too shall pass. It was actually worse for us - you first 5 kids were in cloth diapers with plastic pants over them to try to capture the mess - poor results at best. Jeanette was the champ - never a solid BM, and ALWAYS managed to find the right gasp in the diaper that was pointed towards me. Yes, I AM happy to be Grandpa Papa now instead of Papa!!
OK - that was GAP, the GASP came afterwards!!
Oh yes, I remember those times well, and I'm with your Dad, Lisa. Glad I'm past those times, but sorry you have to go through them now! Hope everyone is feeling better now.
Post a Comment